Never Again Childhood

ValenAlvern

So I was hunger'an for a Minion styled Online MMO game. You have an Avatar and you have to tell a monster/minion on what to attack and all that junk. After a time you think "Hmm I wont more to use", after killing Generic Monster#47854. So I looked back on my youth and thought "Hmm what was like this." Digimon.

"What, Digimon?" Yes, Digimon. It was the only thing that came to mind, I mean, you remember Digital Monster: Virtual Pet right?...You dont?!

561814054_tp.jpg

YEA! Thats what I am talking about, raising a monster, battling people. Yea thats what I want!

Now cut to not so far back childhood, enter Digimon World for the Ps1

digiwpsx_004-large.jpg

O, WAT! I GET MAH OWN DIGIMON AN HELP UDER DIGIMON!

Now cut to the present Digimon the MMO

screen.jpg

Oh wow they basically took Digimon World and made an MMO... I wonder if it is as good as that Ps1 game.

Boy was I mistaken. Sure they let you have a "team" of monsters, but oh you have to find "eggs" of the monster you want, which Im sure has a less than 0.05% of dropping with a failure rate of hatching of 80%. A work around for this is TO BUY THE MONSTER YOU WANT. If you dont buy anything its a 2 way endless grind. Not to mention upon getting a new monster it starts out as level 1, what no big deal? Well the first actual monsters you encounter are level 7, have fun.

Never again will let my childhood influence my decisions, bad bad inner child, this why you stay locked up.

Oh another thing about that Egg Hatching, the machine requires the same data element of the egg your hatching, which drops from different kinds of eggs (Yea they have like 4 kinds of eggs that drop from monster, Basic, Common, Rare, and Monster, Data Elements drop from Rare), you have to give the egg this data element 3 times, for it to BE ABLE to hatch at all, the chance STAYS THE SAME (Im pretty sure, I had like 12 eggs break on me).

If I was a reviewer I would tell people not to install it, as its trying to be a cash cow. Some games I find cash shops ok, because some of them dont skew the game to make you THINK about buying anything, but this went way over the line, with %-rates on...well everything.

Well I am now re-reinstalling Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online (What the he--("Megaten" Online, for everyone that isnt Japan)). Anyone know any Minion Styled MMOs? I kinda like that concept even though they're not that popular.

• Like 1

Never again will let my childhood influence my decisions, bad bad inner child, this why you stay locked up.

you're missing out :P

Actually I like that show, I think its pretty good, I know some people are mad that doesnt follow the exact same plot of the first series. I like how it has a different plot, since it is in a different art style which isnt too bad (Sure its heavily influenced by Korean art style).

I will miss "But Lion-O, Snarf, Snarf"

(edited)

Isn't cobra in the new GI Joe show a "evil, profit driven corporation" instead of a world terrorist organization?

In the original cartoon show near the end, didnt it become a corporation, that became a militia and took over the world?

EDIT: Never mind Im thinking of the movie when Cobra takes over the white house or w/e

Edited by ValenAlvern

(edited)

*cough* TRANSFORMERS PRIME *cough*

Was watching that, reminds me of the old cartoon series, minus the 5million autobots and decepticons. I find it more reminiscent of Beast Wars more so.

I started watching the G1 TV series on Netflix (after watching TF:Prime season 1). Holy crap. Let me break down my reactions:

1. LOL at the 80's theme music, both season 1 and season 2

2. I honestly did not remember that there were so many damn characters in those first two seasons. Mirage? Hound? Huffer? Gears? Srsly?

3. I rediscovered the fact that Wheeljack is awesome, and I'm now super disappointed he didn't join TF:Prime for reals.

4. Plot holes galore. Amazing what you don't pick up as a kid.

5. In season 1, they ROUTINELY screwed up the art/colors of minor details such as: Starscream's color scheme (he looked like Thundercracker/Skywarp with some of his dialog), the color of the Decepticon logo, Megatron's secondary colors, etc.

I did see that Beast Wars was coming to Netflix streaming soon, looks like I can jump on those as well! I only saw a handful of those episodes.

Edited by boiler

ya, modern cartoons are so sophisticated that it's easily enjoyed by an adult

Hey, Phineas and Ferb are SOLID GOLD, man. I caught myself watching it even after my sons had gone to bed.

ya, modern cartoons are so sophisticated that it's easily enjoyed by an adult

Hey, Phineas and Ferb are SOLID GOLD, man. I caught myself watching it even after my sons had gone to bed.

(In arizona) Hmmm 3am? PHINIEAS AND FERB TIME!