Worthwhile Stat to Track?

Lookback

I dunno...

Given how with this sever, one noob can make or break an entire team. Tracking a player's win/loss count on a matter of "luck of the draw" doesn't really seem like a good idea.

Besides, I feel win/loss is about as good when determining player skill as overall rank does. It doesn't show a player as good or bad, just that their team was good or bad.

PPM is more along the lines of "player skill" because the more a player does for their team, the higher their PPM is going to be.

Also, doing that would require mySQL skills which I don't have.

I feel like tracking wins vs losses would want to make people stack even more. Plus some people will jump to a losing team to help them out and will still earn a loss even with a huge comeback because the scores were so far off.

Edit - I know Lookback is one of the people that will help others.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 1

I would say Ppm, because of what Jackie said, I would also say Accuracy... but that would hinder me(If I still played), because I just love randomly shooting in FPS games.

"Dont waste your ammo on the common" *shoots wildly into the air* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS.

(edited)

My thought was that the win/loss could be applied to scrambles, perhaps even on a total basis as a factor of a sort calculation or as a determining factor on how to split up players. Also, it is just nice to know. With respect to accuracy, I note that Meng, whom I consider to be one of the best players in the game has a headshot accuracy rate ~8%, almost half of mine and I spam a lot!

And Recarlos, I don't remember many pounces by you lately, unless you are counting the 1 footers :P

Edited by Lookback

My thought was that the win/loss could be applied to scrambles, perhaps even on a total basis as a factor of a sort calculation or as a determining factor on how to split up players. Also, it is just nice to know. With respect to accuracy, I note that Meng, whom I consider to be one of the best players in the game has a headshot accuracy rate ~8%, almost half of mine and I spam a lot!

And Recarlos, I don't remember many pounces by you lately, unless you are counting the 1 footers :P

Meng's got a 20% lookback :P, which seems to be the highest of the regulars. General's is at 18%.

On the other hand players like sk and paro have lower ratios at 10 and 11%, but everyone still considers them very good

Playing with the awp makes your headshot ratio lower, general only plays ak so at least he can spray the body towards the head, with the awp its about 2-3 shots and you have to hit something in order not to fail.

Playing with the awp makes your headshot ratio lower, general only plays ak so at least he can spray the body towards the head, with the awp its about 2-3 shots and you have to hit something in order not to fail.

Unless it's me. Although, most of the time I do body shots since it's usually a one-hit anyway on anything other than chargers and jockeys unless it's a headshot. Thing is though, I'm pretty sure that counts for commons too.

I should add a "stat" thing to the buy plugin that tracks your headshot ratio for SI only based on kills, and kills from headshots.