New Monitors, yay!

Sky

Today, I bought two new monitors, from a brand that I never thought I'd seriously purchase from, and a store I never seriously thought would have great prices.

After doing a lot of browsing around, I finally decided to go with two HP LED 21.5" 1.5lb 3/4" thick monitors. In the new computer builds thread, I posted a photo of my set up running 3 BenQ LCD 24" screens. I've also played around with the same, but in LED format, and honestly folks, these HP, as sad as it sounds, really blow them away, and it's still the 1080 resolution we all love.

I also found them at best buy, for 169.99 each. I imagine this price goes up and down depending on where you live, but, I mean, wow. I've had the privilege of playing with a lot of screens out there, and these just managed to blow my freakin mind. I seriously never thought I'd get an HP screen or buy it from best buy of all places. NCIX and Newegg, I hang my head towards you. Shame.

Now, I know someone out there is saying "Holy... 5 monitors?" No, I left those 3 in Vancouver. But, as weird as this sounds, I swear to you, these 21.5" screens are the same exact size as the 24" BenQ screens, if not bigger. (I know it's corner to corner) They just feel a lot larger - and I mean, I'm sure part of the high price tag for this smaller screen has to do with the LED display, and the ridiculously thin and light screens, but, I'm so impressed, that I just don't care. There are really only one reason I'm not rushing to buy a third, and that's because very few games look correct while running 5760x1080.

Now, I've seen Asus 23" monitors on NCIX go for the same price, sometimes cheaper. But, they're also LCD, have thick screens, and then I have to pay shipping, and just hang my head at the additional "handling" costs they throw in there. Other Canadians will know what I mean. I honestly looked at a few Asus monitors prior to buying these, but I'm so happy, that it's pretty hard for me to complain. Sure, I probably paid a little more than necessary, but that's the convenience of walking into a store, instead of waiting a week (or two, darnit Canadian shipping!!!) for a package to ship, and not having to worry about a DPOA.

Of course, I had a bit of a funny blonde moment, and didn't realize that I packed the wrong PSU AC Cord, my PSU requires 15A/110-240VAC , and I was trying to use a 10A/125V Cord.

Oops. Tehe

I'll get a photo uploaded.

Sky
(edited)

Oh, They're just sitting on the desk. I saw some LCD 23" screens for 149.99 (after 30$ MIR) but these LED screens look pretty amazing.

With as thin as they are, I don't see a need to mount them, and I sot of like being able to rearrange them whenever I can :P

Edit:

This is the link to the monitor on Newegg. I'm still surprised Best Buy had it cheaper!

http://www.newegg.ca...E16824176199CVF

This monitor is on sale at BestBuy for 169.99 instead of 208.99 until 7/26/2012

Cost at Bestbuy.ca (I'm not sure what it is down in the states.)

http://www.bestbuy.c...7527db3c782en02

Edited by Sky

Sky

Honestly, I'm extremely happy with these monitors. I had 24" back in Vancouver, and didn't like the size. A friend of mine has 4 27" screens, and, bleh, it just isn't for me. To be honest, I simply love these monitors. I'm also a heavy-duty eyefinity user, and these honestly fit that bill perfectly.