Lineage Eternal - What Diablo III Should Have Been?

lousiest

That's because it's true. Almost anything seems to look or play better. And they say it isn't a failure because of the 3 million players still playing or whatever, but that's just because 3 million people refuse to give up hope that an update may make it better.

I don't think it's true at all. Just because people make a generic Action RPG that doesn't mean it's what Diablo 3 should have been. People see another Action RPG and say, "Oh, it doesn't do this thing I don't like that Diablo 3 does, this is what Diablo 3 should have been!" Diablo 3 is an Action RPG, through and through. If anything I believe that if Diablo 3 didn't exist this game wouldn't exist.

And just because YOU think 3 million people are waiting for an update doesn't mean it's true. I think Diablo 3 is a great game, it's not perfect, no game is. I think it's far from a failure or that almost anything seems to look or play better. Take Counter-Strike Source for example. The net code is complete garbage (there's no reason I should have to mess with console commands to get a game to work right), the Source Engine is an aging dinosaur they refuse to do any meaningful updates too, yet, I have 1000+ hours in Counter-Strike Source. Do I say, "This is what Counter-Strike should have been" to every FPS that comes out? No. Why? Because it's its own game, it has its own purpose. Clones of Diablo cannot fill the purpose that Diablo does, they can try, but they won't. Clones won't be "The game Diablo 3 should have been", Diablo 3 IS the game it should have been, a sequel to Diablo 2 from Blizzard.

Obviously that was my opinion of D3, not that I was trying to sway yours, I know tons of people still like the game. My personal opinion of the game is that it is garbage in comparison to D2 as far as the playstyle people expected. A post that long makes me think I hurt your feelings about the game, and I'm sorry if I did. I honestly believe though that they dropped a huge ball on getting across the essence of what Diablo as a game is.

You didn't hurt my feelings about the game it all, it was you specifically saying, "that's just because 3 million people refuse to give up hope that an update may make it better". You make it sound like everyone who is playing it is suffering and just waiting for a magical patch to completely overhaul the game.

I only have two issues with the game, the first is how loot dependent Inferno difficulty is, which doesn't even matter much to me because I think Inferno is to difficult to be any fun and I don't like playing it. My second issue is the class balance, the Witch Doctors pets are useless on higher difficulties, everyone on Inferno is a Monk or a Wizard, and a few other things.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lineage Eternal is exactly the same way in both those regards.

Diablo 3 is a great, but greatly flawed game.

Unfortunately, Inferno mode also has an extremely steep learning curve, and a steep gear requirement. Players of this generation don't take kindly to game modes that requires months of farming to clear. But, Diablo has always been about farming out gear, and once in a while getting lucky on something really worth sitting back and awing about. There are still some balance issues with a few mobs in the game, but outside of that, it's pretty balanced, especially for a game that launched not too long a go.

The trick with the monks and wizards is that most of them are trash. I jumped into a pub game and a Monk there was trying to tank with 14,000 health. You can spend 500,000g on the GAH and gear yourself easily enough to do A1-3 Inferno. Also, Witch Doctors are quite possibly the strongest class in the entire game.