Kicked and insta banned from L4d2 10v10 for.. being chased by a tank

Naxus

Just got banned at 9:45ish am for "Rushing". Whoopie :/

I'm new but yes I get the fact that rushers should get punished and I hate it when others do it too, but this is kind of rediculous to be kicked and instantly banned so fast for doing something slightly trivial and I had no time to defend myself in a tactic that actually saved my team :/.

Heres what happened 2nd level of No Mercy my teams progressing through finally after the event where you raise the door we get up into the room and suddenly all hell breaks loose and spitters almost incap every one. I hear the tank music and start to panic. I run into another room to spawn block and no get hit by the flying slime. Almost every one in the room is Down and I start shooting hoping to do some damage on the tank when he turns to me and sends my flying through the window and out into the alley and making me incapped I look up and notice almost every one is down and that I have a few points, Hoping to do some heroic duty I !rebuy a full health and start firing on the tank hoping to grab his attention, while my teamates start to pick people up, as I rush out and eventually make it to the safe house hearing the tank close by I panic and lock myself in and come back out to help the group as they start to make it into the street then I was kicked.

I just feel like the whole Bias is "oh he ran ahead of the group hes a rusher" let me help you Deviate, Rushers are people from the start of the map ditch their team and do not turn back. Smart people know tactics and do help their team, which I did the entire game but "oh he got seperated from the group and going back would have been death any way why not get some points and kill the tank?" must not have been the first thought on peoples minds. I was starting to know some people too. ah well.

All in all, I feel like a Warning system would be better then a he said she said trial.

(edited)

Problem is, How could I? In the alley with a tank on me while every one else is a story above me In the ammo room, I just don't see logically how.

I guess now that I think of it, I would have to run upstairs with the tank on me on stood it out with everyoneelse and gotten killed. mah bad.

Edited by Naxus

Good post here, thanks Naxus. It's very difficult to assess the reason that a player ends up separated from his team. Could be good teamwork on the infected team, could be the player voluntarily ran ahead. Sorry it came to be a 1hr ban, but I'm glad you came and posted here. Happy fragging.

Honestly, if this happened to me I may have done something similar. Given what Naxus says is 100% true, I feel it wouldn't have been the smartest thing to risk dying by venturing up through a potential SI ridden building than a probably clear sky street to safety as a distraction. He did also attempt to go back out and help after he deemed it safe which does not happen by people very often either. Usually to avoid this happening, it's usually best to let your team know what you plan on doing over voice chat. An admin will most likely hear that and the odds of you being banned would be lessened. I'll have to fish a link a little later as I'm typing this from my phone.

*edit

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/40572-organized-rushers/page__view__findpost__p__488072

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Let me close this by saying, welcome to the forums and thanks for your input which is quite succinctly put - according to your own P.O.V., that is.

However, it's not unusual in this scenario for infected to save points to buy tanks when survivors leave the building - this is almost guaranteed - but you abandoned your teammates as soon as a tank appeared inside, leaving them to deal with the onslaught - this is my POV.

Please also remember, it's virtually impossible for an admin to keep an eye and ear open on 20 people, if we don't see what's happening to you and misinterpret what we see due to lack of communication, then, I'm sorry.

Besides, there are auto-warnings that appear in game e.g. "abandoning your teammates may result in a kick or ban without warning".

Remember, this is a team game and NOT a 'Me' game.

Thanks again for coming here and hope to see you back.

Edited by MPG1770