Black Mesa

Ringadon

Many of you may know that there has been a vapourware re-imagine of half life coming out for the source engine called Black Mesa.

What you may not know is that they just updated their website for the first time in nearly 4 years with a countdown timer counting down to September 14th, when they're making the first release of the game available. It'll go all the way up to Xen (which they're still working on and won't be available) but still..... it seems that they finally are going to have it come out!!

Comments?

Also...

Hey, sup? Long time no see :D

Ring

I hated Xen. Felt like the game turned on a dime and became Super Mario Halflife.

I mean, it wasn't hard but then the giant head-thing was there and I had just about enough of the silliness; flipped god-mode on and just finished it.

Loved every minute of it up to SMH.

I almost wonder what's the point now? The whole purpose of Black Mesa was to remake Half-Life 1 on a newer engine, the Source engine, but at this point the Source engine is so damn old whatever they are going to release will look like a 10 year old game. They are using the 2007 version of the Source engine. It might have been great in 2005 or 2006, a year or two after they announced they were going to do it, but it's 2012. They've been working on this thing for EIGHT years and aren't done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...