Rates?

samurai nightling

So I'm just trying to get a feel for what kind of rates everyone's rocking. I seem to have pretty crappy registration in the game, so I'm just taking a poll here.

The things I'm most interested in I guess are:

my rates are in the ( )

cl_cmdrate (120)

cl_updaterate (120)

cl_interp (0.01)

cl_interp_ratio (1)

rate (128000?)

and anything you guys might use that I don't even know about. If people wanna be so willing as to post their rates, I just wanna see if anything work for me.

I've tried rates of 64,100, and 120. I haven't changed my ratio from 1, and I'm not even sure you can adjust the rate anymore. I'm interested to see what kind of interps people have that seem to work.

Thanks alot!

The lower your Lerp, the closer the hitbox is going to be to the model, but may suffer from bad reg.

"rate" should be no lower than 30000. 30000 is a good number for it. nevermind, seems like everyone has a rate of 128000

cl_interp ".001"

cl_interp_ratio "1"

Is also what I use.

cmdrate and updaterate should be at ~100ish, but I use "33" for both.

I have command and update rates at 128, but framerate locked at 60 (not VSYNC). Registration seems good. Play felt more jittery with framerate unlocked (varying 70-100fps).

cl_interp .03something

cl_interp_ratio 1

I seem to have pretty crappy registration in the game

I think it's just the crappy game....I tried every rate setting I could find here in the forums and on other forums, nothing seemed to help significantly. I even thought that it might be my PC which was getting a bit dated, so I upgraded and gave the game another chance....but nope, it's still awful. What can we really expect for $15 though? I think Source was a way better game, I still had registration issues with that, but no where near the level that I do with GO. I uninstalled it.

I just don't get why they can't make a game where the shots hit well...I mean, it's a very important basic fundamental of a good shooter. Games like BF3 do it very well, so I know it can be done. BF3 actually works and is a blast to play....dunno why more people here don't play it :(

Err, I rather have fun with CS:GO and seems to have better registration then CS:S ever did.

I used this thread to set mine, and don't cap my max_fps.

I set cmdrate and update to 128 typically, on some of the custom maps we've played I've seen my frame rate drop below 128 so I set 64 for both. As from what I gathered CS:GO servers should run their tick rates either at 64 or 128, if the server has a lower tick rate then 128 it'll default your client to that. I leave rate at 80000 as from what I gathered that should be more than enough. I find experience much less of the CS:S getting shot *after* I've gone behind cover. I don't have much of a machine, just a Core i3-2100 and a 6850 1GB with stock clocks and 8G of DDR3. I run at 1080p with 4x/4x and setting maxed out and I typically average 160fps. Machine running Windows 7 x64 and boots to 34 running processes, no antivirus installed.

EDIT: I'm also on a typically very stable 50Mb Down/15Mb Up cable connection.

Edited by amertrash

Hmm well thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to try something, because this game feels terrible in comparison to CS:S for me. Whats sad is when i see the center of my tiny dot xhair on a persons head, and mutliple times, no hits. I can peek a corner 3 times, each time i see the head in the center of my dot, as i use a crosshairscale of 3700 and no bullet hit his head. Source was nothing like that, its just frustrating.