Hurricane Blizzard!

Flitterkill

Harrisonburg, VA is at 1550 feet elevation.

We just got hit with a blizzard warning due to the hurricane. Most impacts starting at 2000 feet.

Depending upon temperature swings either we get a ton of rain, a ton of snow, or inches of ice.

I'm thinking even if I get FedEx up today in the store, shipping ain't happening for awhile...

GC Board Member

Meh. Valley protected again.

Maybe an inch or two, maybe, of rain. Strongest wind was last night around 1am, lasted 10 minutes, maybe 45+ mph.

And that's it... Points north of here got hit though. Unless weather sweeps up the valley from the south west travelling north east the valley just shuts down most systems as they pass overhead. Should have expected as much.

I lost power here in Western MA once for ~10 seconds. Thankfully, I think my area dodged a bullet as Sandy did not turn Northward as forecasted... as for NJ, NC, DE, MD, etc... I have no idea the level of devastation these areas suffered.

I grew up in FL so we were used to hurricanes, but it's scary for you guys up there. Most folk have no clue about them, then on top of it snow!! I was kinda wondering about that, since it's cold enough for it here in the south now if we were to have been hit. I'm in north AL now so we often get both snow and storms, usually not together :)