Ok so, let me rage for a sec and question you...

GravityKitty

Why not admin the new players. Admins should just put them in spec and talk to them there. If they immediately use "!jointeam" then they are just trolling, if not then they don't know what's going on and are just playing the game.

Admins can use warnings with reasons etc. Admins can do more than tell people to stop cursing / ban / kick people. You can also just unwarn someone after they start paying attention.

Maybe we need to make survivor buys more vocal? Infected buys output stuff to chat like 'Soandso has increased the spitter limit to 3'

Perhaps messages with things like 'Soandso has purchased an AK47 for 8 points' will make people more likely to figure out the system.

Maybe we need to make survivor buys more vocal? Infected buys output stuff to chat like 'Soandso has increased the spitter limit to 3'

Perhaps messages with things like 'Soandso has purchased an AK47 for 8 points' will make people more likely to figure out the system.

People don't want their chat spammed.

People don't want their chat spammed.

I agree

I liked this idea for .0034s until I thought about how often some buy fireworks.

Then maybe it needs an option to turn it off. Or maybe it gets turned off automatically once you've used the buy menu or typed !r/!ready or anything else a seasoned veteran would do :P

(Personally I would quite like a chat message when someone buys a defib, because we always seem to double up whenever someone dies. And that's 10 points wasted.)

Maybe the server can detect that a new player has joined in and then forces him/her to watch a clip explaining the basics or something. If for some reason it's a returning person but has a different ip address there can be a button like t to skip the video.