Banned for rushing, seriously?

Yen

Hello,

Was banned because I didn't want to wait for the noobs dying in a single area; being spitted, charged, and pulled. so I ran further up, and what do you know? Ban hammer. I even helped opening up the garage door so noobs won't have to go around.

And to those people who say *you're leaving your team behind*. Strategically, if you are being out cornered in a little room and surrounded by infected, the best way to post-pone and survive death is to relocate into a different area.

And that is what I exactly did.

Respectfully, if it was 10vs10, and 10 players on one side was pre-made (being humans) and they just kept moving forward without stopping at every door, would that be considered rushing? Is rushing when someone leaves a team behind? What if you rushed as a team, still get banned?

Clearly, I did not read any game policy you guys may have but seeing that you can get banned for rushing is a joke.

If someone was rushing, an infected can CLEARLY (if they wanted to) killing the rusher. End of story.

If any debate about rushing, I would gladly like to debate about it.

Anyways, please unbanned me as I look forward playing this game.

Thanks,

Michael

You were banned by Maestro, i'm sure he'll be by soon to comment.

Your ban was for 15mins and has already expired.

Rushing on the server has been talked about more times than i've killed common zombies, so i doubt you can attribute an argument that hasn't already been said. Even so feel free to browse these forums for insights and ideas.

Also don't come on here to try and tell us off. Because with an attitude you're very likely of getting banned again, be it for rushing or something else. Just be cool and play the game with an open mind.

Edited by TheDude

Thanks for replying,

My apologies if you or anyone else felt like I was telling you off or disrespecting.

I just want to share my insight and experiences as I have played many strategic games; cs (5 years), dota (7 years), mostly competitive and local matches I play.

But seeing as it is from L4D2, if the infected are spawning every 30 seconds after dying, the best way to advance from point A to B is to kill 1/2 or 3/4 of the infected, as 1/2 or 1/4 infetected left won't stand a chance or delay the humans if it was 10vs10.

But as it's a pub game, so I will try to keep my distances *acceptable* from the team, as most of the team gets dragged into a corner, delaying the advancement even more thus allowing more spawn for the infected.

Again, if anyone feels like I have disrespected someone or feels as if I have an attitude, my apologies, it is not my attention to do so.

Just want to be unbanned.

Thanks,

Michael

Rushing is in the MOTD.

The message, "Stick together! Rushing and abandoning people may result in a kick/temporary ban." cycles through as a chat messages periodically every map

There is also an announcement about rushing is also in the server's Steam Group page. I wouldn't expect anyone to read that in game, but it's also there for anyone who wanted to read about it outside of the game.

Communicating, or saying what you're going to do before you do it will usually let people know (including an admin), thus preventing things like bans or kicks from happening. Be careful next time.

So there are several things regarding rushing on the server.