minecraft system requirements

TheDude

'Can you run it', the perfect tool for computer noobs like me, seems to say i can run the game, but don't have the recommended requirements. So what does our team of resident computer geniuses think?

Minimum:

green_checkmark.gif CPU Minimum: Intel P4/NetBurst Architecture or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K7) You Have: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest CPU drivers. blue_i.gif CPU Speed Minimum: Info You Have: 2.1 GHz green_checkmark.gif RAM Minimum: 2 GB You Have: 3.1 GB green_checkmark.gif OS Minimum: Windows XP or better You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Windows drivers. green_checkmark.gif Video Card Minimum: Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent You Have: GeForce G210M drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Video Card drivers. Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have green_checkmark_small.gif Dedicated Video RAM 32 MB 256 MB green_checkmark.gif Sound Card Minimum: Yes You Have: NVIDIA High Definition Audio drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Sound Card drivers. green_checkmark.gif Free Disk Space Minimum: 90 MB You Have: 160.9 GB

Recommended:

green_checkmark.gif CPU Recommended: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz You Have: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest CPU drivers. blue_i.gif CPU Speed Recommended: Info You Have: 2.1 GHz red_x.gif RAM Recommended: 4 GB You Have: 3.1 GB Upgrade Suggested green_checkmark.gif OS Recommended: Windows XP or better You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Windows drivers. green_checkmark.gif Video Card Recommended: GeForce 66xx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and Up with OpenGL 2 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) You Have: GeForce G210M drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Video Card drivers. Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card Required You Have green_checkmark_small.gif Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.1 green_checkmark_small.gif Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.1 green_checkmark_small.gif Dedicated Video RAM 64 MB 256 MB green_checkmark.gif Sound Card Recommended: Yes You Have: NVIDIA High Definition Audio drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Sound Card drivers. green_checkmark.gif Free Disk Space Recommended: 150 MB You Have: 160.9 GB

Edit: since it's not as easy to read as i would like, here a synopsis:

only thing not ideal for playing is my RAM, which is 3.1 and should be 4.0 for the recommended settings

Edited by TheDude

You probably already have 4G of RAM, you just have Windows Vista 32 bit which won't use/recognize over 3.5GB and you have 512MB of video RAM which means Windows will only use/recognize around 3GB of RAM. Minecraft will run on your laptop but you may have to turn down some settings, I'd suggest downloading OptiFine 1.4.6_L_B5 and MagicLauncher. Start magic launcher, press setup, then add, and add the Optifine zip file you downloaded. Then hit the advanced tab and change memory to 1024.

(edited)

You probably already have 4G of RAM, you just have Windows Vista 32 bit which won't use/recognize over 3.5GB and you have 512MB of video RAM which means Windows will only use/recognize around 3GB of RAM. Minecraft will run on your laptop but you may have to turn down some settings, I'd suggest downloading OptiFine 1.4.6_L_B5 and MagicLauncher. Start magic launcher, press setup, then add, and add the Optifine zip file you downloaded. Then hit the advanced tab and change memory to 1024.

I'll follow your directions by the letter, but if you'd just told me how to unleash Lucifer's spawn upon the world i wouldn't know the difference. :D

Thanks a bunch for the advice. I'll go pick it up when my vacation ends.

Edited by TheDude