Star Citizen

ZeroDamage

Has anyone contributed to the Space Star Citizen project? It is an ongoing crowd funding project by the creators of X-Wing and other games. There is more information at the website of course. It is using a combination of game types to create a space sim with RPG and action elements. It is using the Cryengine too so it should be pretty. The expected release date is the end of 2014 but those that contribute now get a guaranteed ship and play time in the alpha and betas. Read up on the ships and "tech" behind them. It is simple yet complex in how they are doing it. The ship art looks great too.

http://vimeo.com/51135962

Edited by ZeroDamage

• 7 months later...

I remember seeing this some time ago and thought, "meh" but I revisited the website over the weekend and it looks very interesting. I've been really interested in space sims lately for some reason and if there is some general interest in this I may look into getting a ship. I've also been looking at X Rebirth. Since I'm pretty green to space sims I'd like to venture out. I played Homeworld back in the day and the last one I bought (Sins of a Solar Empire) I enjoyed.

S.