Multiverse - Important Poll! Please spread the word asking mc players to vote!

Biggs

Multiverse Option Decision Collaboration Poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, so 1.6 is coming out this week sometime, and there's been some discussion if we should start a new map. There are many options for how we can do this, so please vote, choosing ALL the options that sounds reasonable to you.

The goal is to find the most acceptable option, so please don't just pick your favorite option.

• Like 1

An option would be to transfer builds/delete 95% of the chunks so people can wrap up what they want to finish and have a new map (save nothing) in 1.7 (since we all know it takes several months before 1.7 will be released). With 1.7 simply transfer builds to the creative world for people who want to save them.

Also, if we do create a new map and transfer old projects over, are we going to place them around spawn or push them way back away?

• Like 1

I'm curious on why we are being able to multi-vote on the Flat or Non-Flat Creative world? Unless it's a close vote & we can do both, some people are voting in both polls, so maybe it might not be a bad ideal to do both,

A Flat Creative

A Normal Creative Generated World

• Like 1

I hope everyone realizes that in a super-flat world you only have 4 levels, 2for dirt, 1 for grass, and lastly bedrock. There will be no forests, water, nothing else literally just miles of grass everywhere.

A normal generated world on the other hand, would have all the above and even more...removing and making mountains is just as easy with creative mode enabled.

I'm curious on why we are being able to multi-vote on the Flat or Non-Flat Creative world? Unless it's a close vote & we can do both, some people are voting in both polls, so maybe it might not be a bad ideal to do both,

A Flat Creative

A Normal Creative Generated World

We are choosing most acceptable option, not favorable, at least i am! Also 2 creative worlds would just complicate things and most players would prefer to use normal generated world, simply to have access to a scenery of forests, snow, mountains, and oceans in their builds.

GC Alumni

I hope everyone realizes that in a super-flat world you only have 4 levels, 2for dirt, 1 for grass, and lastly bedrock.

The layers can be changed.. there are custom options for generating super-flat worlds

(edited)

I hope everyone realizes that in a super-flat world you only have 4 levels, 2for dirt, 1 for grass, and lastly bedrock.

The layers can be changed.. there are custom options for generating super-flat worlds

I know, but don't the custom options change the entire layer ? I meant if you keep walking around dirt, changes to forest, then to a sea, desert, etc like in a normal generated world. If you can do that, which setting is that lol i am trying to find it :P

Edited by Avengers

Yeah, no way to do that, but it doesn't have to be only 4 layers deep.

Oh :(

Lol i spent the past hour just searching for a way to that....you can create as many layers deep you want, but the options are grass world, water world, canyon and other stuff...but nothing with all in one, which kinda sucks!

• Like 1

You have access to everything in creative so it doesn't matter if its world generated or not, as far as that goes.

I'm hoping for super flat but it does mess up my theme park. Oh this sucks, I want both boo! Lol

• Like 1

In the event we do transport over builds in progress, how much of the landscape around the build will be transfered as well? I mean, my castle is floating over a lake, and it'd be boring as heck if that was switched into a plain.

In the event we do transport over builds in progress, how much of the landscape around the build will be transfered as well? I mean, my castle is floating over a lake, and it'd be boring as heck if that was switched into a plain.

Well since the seed is different, the map terrain will be different aswell. I could suggest exploring the new map and then letting Biggs know the exact XYZ coordinate you want your build placed, which could ensure it is above a lake, etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was wondering if that would be possible or not.

My other question is if we end up doing the multiverse, why not just keep the current world around as its own area? (Or, delete 95% of the chunks and then keep it as its own area).

Edited by Leonebluen

(edited)

Yeah, I was wondering if that would be possible or not.

My other question is if we end up doing the multiverse, why not just keep the current world around as its own area? (Or, delete 95% of the chunks and then keep it as its own area).

That is definitely a good option, but as i informed Biggs, the old chunks of data will never load any new items such as horses etc. It also creates a cluster of mis-match terrain from a few videos i watched on youtube aswell.

I have seen many recommendations of loading the same terrain after 1.6 with the same seed number to ensure all chunks are up to date. But in my opinion it would be better to start over and bring over builds as schematic files to the new map and place them at any XYZ coordinate the players like.

Edited by Avengers

Ahh, gotcha, that's good info Avengers.

In that case, unless there's limits to the multiverse I'm unaware of, we could still keep the current world connected, AND bring over any builds in progress for people who want to play on 1.6. Or reload and connect the old world via seed generator.

That basically combines two of the options from the first part of the poll.

Edited by Leonebluen