Banned from the GC L4D2 10v10 Server

MurderinClony

Hello!

Game: L4D2

Game server: GC L4D2 10v10

Game type: Versus

Steam name: Murderin Clony

ID: # 6 1 "Murderin Clony" STEAM_1:1:7025136 00:38 33 0 active 30000 127.0.0.1:27005

Time of ban: Approximately 4:30 A.M. CST.

Also appearing in this thread:

Steam name: Jimn

ID: # 10 5 "Jimn" STEAM_1:0:33418364 00:02 116 81 spawning 30000 0.0.0.1:1

Time of ban: Approximately 4:00 A.M. CST.

And I am sorry I don't believe I understand the noose size thing but Ill go 1 inch, I guess.

I was playing Swamp Fever map 2 and was close to the saferoom. Our team had passed the water and was half way to the crashed airliner. A tank fight was in progress, and a bot hunter had made its way towards the survivors. It jumped and I flick skeeted it with a laser-sighted AWP. Shortly after, I was banned.

A little background information is needed to clarify this.

The previous campaign was Crash Course map 2. My associate Jimn was banned for a bot. Here is the line from the console: [sourceBans] crasx.gc: Permanently banned player "Jimn" (reason: bot).

Shortly after someone else told an admin to ban me as well, but I cannot remember who. At that point the admin crasx.gc began to be in spectator the remainder of his time in the server.

He left around the time when Swamp Fever was starting and I believe "k, bub" or "k, pub" began spectating. I believe I was banned by this man and for the same reason.

My actions were my own and mine alone, and I am sorry for my actions, for what looks like a bot.

The server is amazingly fun, the community is great, the members are nice, and the overall experience when playing on the GC L4D2 10v10 server is an 11 out of 10. I would hate to no longer be able to play on such a fun server. =\

Just a side note. I do not blame them for banning be so quickly because my hours in L4D2 are on at a measly 98, and I do understand it takes a while to get used to a game and be good. However, I played L4D2 on the xbox quite a lot and know how to play it well. Also, I do have 1724 Hours on L4D1 and played competitively for quite a while.

Glad to hear that you like the server!

So you're not cheating? If that's the case, I don't know why you should feel sorry for your actions. We're reviewing some demo footage, and there should be a verdict in the next few days.

(edited)

Steam profile name: Jimn

Steam ID: # 2 1 "Jimn" STEAM_1:0:33418364 00:37 33 0 active 30000 loopback

Time of ban: Approx. 4:00 AM CST

Game: Left 4 Dead 2

Server: GC Left 4 Dead 2 10v10

*SPEC* crasx.gc : !ban jimn 0 bot

Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://www.gcftw.com/ for more info.

[sourceBans] crasx.gc: Permanently banned player "Jimn" (reason: bot).

Hello,

In short, I was banned for what an admin believed was hacking/aimbotting.

In detail, I was using an SMG/Uzi with a laser sight, which is very accurate. I use a Razer DeathAdder mouse and a Razer Goliathus mouse pad, which greatly assist my aim. I have played Left 4 Dead competitively for years, and have accumulated nearly 900 hours in it and nearly 400 hours in Left 4 Dead 2. Also, I used to play competitively on the Xbox 360 before moving to the PC.

When it comes to hacking, I don't think there could be a more pathetic way to play a game, and I am strongly against it. I believe in playing honorably and treating the other team with respect.

I have the highest regard for this server, its rules, and its admins, and thoroughly enjoy playing on it. What has been created by GC is amazing, and I would never try to do anything that would cause the admins trouble or the members an unpleasant experience.

If the ban could be lifted, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jimn

Edited by Jimn

merged these two topics.

You both had very suspicious gameplay. So either you were botting or are super pro and my nub mind can't handle it =]. Thank you for coming to discuss this, I have a couple demos I want other admins to look over and I am totally willing to admit I am wrong. In the mean time sit tight while we look over these, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and unban for now, but if we decide you were botting they will be reinstated

I consider myself good at finding if a player is aimbotting or not and from reviewing the demos Crasx has provided me and other admins, I've come to the conclusion that both of you were not doing anything of the sort. I've made Crasx rage from skeeting him out of the air so many times so it's anyone's guess why he never banned me...

Thanks for being so understanding of the situation and I hope to see you guys on the server whenever I make my own appearances on there.