Diablo III auction house getting shut down.

VooDooPC

Pretty sure we all said this from the start. That is HILARIOUS! I actually think I will buy the expansion and play it more now. Actually I have been playing it fairly regularly recently. Just wanted to level up a Witchdoctor and get more paragon on my Wizard. Been fun, but the fact that I can buy the gear to make my character awesome is just stupid. I preferred the old trade method.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the loot system as good as D2's system? I heard it was then I heard it wasn't. I loved the random chance of getting a unique awesome/ weapon or armor or a completely useless one

I think it was like normal, superior, ethereal(d2 exp) magic, set item, rare, or unique all class based magic items that always have extra properties pertaining to a class

I never got around to D3 but may take it up some time. I played D2 a little in august for the 2 days my internet was down.

Is the loot system as good as D2's system? I heard it was then I heard it wasn't. I loved the random chance of getting a unique awesome/ weapon or armor or a completely useless one

I think it was like normal, superior, ethereal(d2 exp) magic, set item, rare, or unique all class based magic items that always have extra properties pertaining to a class

I never got around to D3 but may take it up some time. I played D2 a little in august for the 2 days my internet was down.

Around the time the expansion for Diablo 3 comes out next year they are patching in "Loot 2.0", which takes into account there being no auction house. I assume it's supposed to be an improvement. I haven't looked into it too much.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Loot_2.0

I dont know about reccent..well all patches, I stopped playing after the first launch week since the loot drops were so horrible. But D3 had the worst. EVERY Diablo Clone had better loot systems, in fact I went back to playing Titan Quest (Never owned D2), and Torchlight II.

Torchlight 2 rules, but I just don't play it as I don't know anyone who actively does.

Instead of adding the god awful pvp system to Diablo 3 (Hey, guys, let's do arena-based pvp instead of the open world pvp that made d2 pk'ing awesome) they could have fixed the loot system (and the class balance issues) right there.

It's great that they're shutting the auction system down, but I'm fairly certain it only existed in the first place to provide another income source to Blizzard. However, when you look at the amount of gold you get for 1$, it's clear that the reason it's being shut down is that the economic system is destroyed. There's so much inflation that for them to properly fix anything, they'd have to drop everyone to 1% of their current gold values, or just remove all of the current gold in the game. Aside from the closing of the auction system, I'd love to see a battle.net chat server in the actual game, not much unlike the classic diablo 2 lobbies players sat in when not running around killing things; but possibly a chat system that lets players choose "Current Area" for chat with all players in the same zone, and then obvious channels like "PvP" and "General" and "Trade" which would help us meet people without having to jump into random games.

Also, I think it's time they re-balanced classes; it's more than a bit stupid that every class relies on the exact same gear (trifecta) and, while not necessary, the 4th stat being their main stat. Hopefully, they're doing something about this as well, because it's silly seeing wizards running around with swords instead of a wand, just because the sword does more dps, regardless of the wands stats.

So here's hoping they fix everything and make it worthy of having the name Diablo behind it.

I've been playing fairly regularly since release and still shop on the Auction house. I didn't play D2 but My brother did and he said the loot system in D2 was way better than D3. It's been frusterating trying to find decent gear from drops. Even with high magic find, the drops I get are below average. I've relied heavily on the auction house to get my barb to where he is today. I highly doubt I'd be playing the game right now if it was super difficult to get good gear.

Perhaps they could patch it so that drops such a Legendary and set are tailored to the charcter you're playing. As a barb, I'm sick of getting Wizard or witch doctor drops that I can't do anything with but try and sell to make some sort of profit.

I'm happy with my barb right now and will be checking the auction house every day if possible before March 18 to stock up on whatever I may need for the expansion.

Kind of surprised about gold being so worthless... is there not a ladder system that's resetting periodically? That was always nice in d2 when the ladder reset, everyone was starting over fresh. Of course, there was still 'open' battlenet, if you wanted to get pk'd by some guy with hacked gear every time you walk out of town. :happy: