Mad props and respect for the admins after what happened on Saturday Night Customs

Keralis

Yo guys,

For those of you who don't know what happened on Saturday, here a brief summary:

Around the start of Saturday night customs, someone decided to DDOS attack the server. It made a lot of the players lag like crazy and caused general confusion. To make matters worse, a hacker came online a bit later using aimbot and changing their names to players on the server during that time, therefore making it hard for admins to ban the hacker himself without banning the other player. I myself was a victim of this, being banned because the hacker changed his name to mine. But that's not the point. I would just like to thank the admins online during that time (specifically Turnbull) as they were able to resolve the issue quite quickly and professionally. Not only that, but they were able to get me unbanned after over an hour of work. I think that most admins would just not care anymore and just let me be banned (and to be honest that's what I thought was going to happen to me) but the admins spent hours trying to get the entire situation fixed. I just wanted to thank the entire administration for this dedication and my respect for this group has grown significantly.

Keralis

Edited by Keralis
  • Like 2

I didn't do anything... and I'm sorry I wasn't there, handling hackers is my favorite.

tbt- can we talk tonight? I was kind of brain dead from l4d2 this weekend. I will make a writeup on the best way to handle this after we talk

gj everyone involved.

I didn't do anything... and I'm sorry I wasn't there, handling hackers is my favorite.

tbt- can we talk tonight? I was kind of brain dead from l4d2 this weekend. I will make a writeup on the best way to handle this after we talk

gj everyone involved.

You listening to me flipping out is more important than anything that happened! :P

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

and I thought that "pat myself on the back" was all I had to console me! Thanks! Tirtul, Lunk, Zilla, Renegade, Crasx, and Biggs all had a hand in it as well and Marvin and Cat joined in Later on. Hope I didn't miss anyone

You're welcome. I mean, I joined 1st time after a month of absence, then some random guy showed up and began TK'ing, and Cat just did what he should've done - INSTA-BAN, BABY!. Few minutes later another foully mouth popped in - KICK! And then quiet evening till I left.