Migration Calendar

Fatty

Ok, I haven't had time to check out MC online yet, but I do have a rough timeline:

Now through Friday:

Chick, et al, Finish your malls, etc. :-p

Today

I plug the GC server to my chess club and give them forms if they want.

Wednesday, day

Meeting during my lunch with approximately 30-40 5th graders to give them the form to fill out.

Wednesday night

Myself and my girls will need whitelisted. Hopefully I'll have the usernames prior to that. Someone tell me about any name format restrictions, otherwise I'll end up being Fatty_gc.....

Friday, day

I'll submit the names of students who have signed agreement to the rules for addition to the whitelist.

Friday evening

Well, I expect that this weekend you should see some extra miners running around.

Future?

Invite more students? 4th grade? Some middle schoolers will probably be involved because my chess club is grades 4 and up....

----------

Now, if anyone wants to create some sort of welcome "sign" or creation, our school is WIS (Woodridge Intermediate School). Maybe some gateway to the frontier or something funny...honestly I have no grasp of what things in your current world look like....nor how they're about to change.... :icon20:

Maybe you guys would be on there to present some sort of gift (like a stone pickaxe or something?) when they arrive.....no idea.

I'm sure:

-you'll be super friendly (but don't spoil them!)

-you'll let me know of ANY breaking of the rules

I jumped on the server last night to check my treehouse and had a quick run around the center of the world. There are few signs with some new (unknown) to me names.

I might need to patch some potholes and breakdowns.

I'm frankly afraid of so many toddlers (:P)on the server. We had problems just with 2 kids.

GC Founder

Hide your sheep, hide your wives. :ph34r1eye:

These aren't toddlers, and they respect me. Is there a message that you'd like to send to them beyond what we've discussed? What were the problem with the 2 kids?

Have faith. Could be fun!

(ps. this brings me back to my original question of having a separate server.....revisit that if you wish....but I think the "life" that it might pump back into an idle world might be fun / interesting.....who knows, I haven't even played yet so it's not for me to decide)

Don't get me wrong, sir. They should use our server. We just had a uneasy time to deliver the idea to those kids that cannot take everything they see, unless it was permitted.

I'm looking forward to see our MC server to get third revive. I may start even play again. Babysit and stuff, ya know. :)

Edited by walkingCat

It wasn't bad. One kid came from a pvp server and didn't realize that wasn't how it was here and the other was just a young kid who was use to claims and then came to the new world with no claims.

I'll try to finish my mall. Hehe. But I'm on an island so it's pretty easy to know anything within those walls is chicks and cocoas.

I'll ask Tirtul if he can make a warp point and we can just send the kids as far away OR they can choose anywhere but they can have a place that's all theirs, with no grown ups.

Names just nothing inApproriate like Fatty haha

Underscores are fine in names, so Fatty_GC will work.

If possible, prior to Friday maybe a quick head count on how many people we can expect. Server is 20 slots now, but I'd hate for anybody be unable to connect.

If anybody is willing to spruce up the spawn point feel free to use creative to do so.

GC Founder

There will be roughly 40 names, but I couldn't say if they'll all play Friday night.....

Possibly today I'll have 4 names to add to the list tonight or tomorrow so my girls and I can toy around tomorrow night and get started. Yes, one will be Fatty_gc (I'll probably underscore and tag my children with gc as well so you guys can identify them)

Names just nothing inApproriate like Fatty haha

:mad:

Hey now....I made an historical name change to make it appropriate like it is!

(back in the day I would have cleaned that emoticon up to work....actually you're looking at a cleaned up emoticon from a different board color... :ph34r:​ )

:fatty: <-----rofl, they're all still in there..

GC Founder

Ok, posted up a few names for this evening (in the whitelist thread).

San, as for numbers for Friday I have 16 slips that have been returned thus far (aside from me and my 3). I don't know that everyone will be trying for the same time on Friday.....but there you go.

GC Founder

Found out yesterday that buying MC accounts is suspicious activity to CC companies (overseas, etc?) and that you can't buy more than one account and one gift code in a short time period from seemingly the same IP or same name or whatever....great fun having a friend create a couple accounts for me yesterday.....and....I never got to play! :-p

Big thanks to Tirtul for helping my girls out!

The question: how will the kids who come in tomorrow find that little stake of land where the girls started? Tirtul you have your statement prepared? (i asked him to give me some sort of union address, sorta like a welcome from the host, maybe a quick FAQ or helpful instructions to get set up, reminders about not touching what's not yours, etc).

These kids Friday will be self sufficient.

I am still working on the general statement should have it finished by tonight. as for finding there little claim, I have made a rail line in the nether that will get them all to there claim in the over world. I put signs directing them in the correct direction, so they should be able to follow those and be good

GC Founder

Met with some of the kids again to discuss the map link and the mine shaft travel to our outpost. Posted the usernames, messaged Flitterkill (if I should have another immediate contact for this server, let me know, I hate to bother FK if I don't need to and someone else wouldn't mind texts).