PC Gamer did an article about hacks in games, including CSGO.

VooDooPC

Pretty interesting article. I hate the fact at the author apparently used hacks in CMM. Even if it's for testing and journalistic purposes, that is pretty low.

I do infrequent visits to known public cheating sites for research purposes so I can see how they have evolved over time and how many different loopholes hackers find eventually get detected. I remember for the longest time external hacks (hacks using Windows Aero) were undetected because of how VAC wasn't programmed to find those... now externals are detected across the board...thankfully. People make VAC disablers and all that stuff so combating hacks will be a ongoing forever battle. I really wish that VAC wasn't delayed anymore...mainly because it doesn't make much sense. As soon as an update gets released for a game, coders update the offsets and all that stuff to coincide with the game to be, again, undetected unless VAC has one of those silent updates. Not always a failsafe, mind you, but if people are given a means to do so, they will. Sure, I see the benefit of doing delayed bans, but that just frustrates the player-base because if they're playing in a game like CSGO in CMM, they're going to have to take a loss either way and you know how some people treasure their CMM ranks.

hacking and cheats have always been really interesting to me because they are so easy to make and its so easy to get around vac. Just think about how often l4d2 sourcemod use to break on windows. It's the same type of mechanism, especially if vac or pb just use sig scanning. I wonder what the privacy implications of all this is too. Valve probably has to be really careful about what they scan