Extra Versus Additions?

ADogX

Been playing on the server for about a month and a half now (yes i got my membership only 2 days ago leave me alone :'(  ) and there was something I always wanted to see on the server. In previous 10v10 servers i played on over the years, there was the ability to be able to take control of the witch. I was wondering if maybe that could be a possibility. i understand we wanna keep the game somewhat balanced with no big changes, but i think controlling the witch could add a pretty fun change to the server

I get what you mean, but I think it'd be extremely overpowered in my honest opinion :P The witch has always been unique in that no matter what difficulty the game is, one claw swipe will incapacitate a survivor at the very least. Tanks with cars are dodged, easily at times, but a player controlled witch, with the ability to just run from behind a corner and in-cap half a team before anyone realizes? That just screams overpowered to me :P

I shudder to think what a witch controlled by someone like Swatfishy would be like

• Like 1

actually when you control a witch, the only difference is that you can move it, switch from sitting to walking, and startle it whenever you want, and the target is random. player controlled witches still attack one survivor

actually when you control a witch, the only difference is that you can move it, switch from sitting to walking, and startle it whenever you want, and the target is random. player controlled witches still attack one survivor

yes we know that, there is a witch control plugin out there. but with the ability to spawn witches and dangerous witches here in server, it's not going to be funny.

The great thing about the GC server is they've managed to keep the versus server marginally simplistic over the years, without bogging it down with a bunch of added features, abilities, or other hoo hah's. That's what I love, at least.

• Like 3

I agree with Sky that too much can ruin things.  Even though there is a different multiplayer dynamic to the server, the roles and gameplay are still quintessential Left 4 Dead 2.  You revive teammates, hold off hordes, shoot special infected and so on.  It's pretty straightforward, which gives new people unfamiliar with our !buy system and hotkeys a fighting chance at contributing with whatever skills they've picked up from other game modes.  Now that Valve has completely dropped server support for the game, there's probably more need than ever to make it recognizable to the average player bouncing from custom server to custom server.  As much as I'd love to see really crazy menu options, I try to remind myself that, while this would be hilarious fun for veterans, it would befuddle newcomers even moreso than our server does now.  Steeper learning curves would only lead to further elitism.  I sometimes wonder if we've gone too far as it is.

• Like 2

The problem with any custom campaign, is that all players are required to download them. Jackie can further explain why he doesn't want custom campaigns, since he's explained it in several threads already :P