Just wanted to say...

crasx

(edited)

Meh.  I live in So. California, and I have made it to 2 FFO's. Its not that expensive if you plan ahead. Yeah, getting $1,000 together for plane tickets and hotel/food is a lot for most people to just have laying around, with nothing better to do than use it on going to FFO. But if you budget, you just need to save $100 a month for 10 months. Buy your plane tickets in May (statistically 2 months out is the best plane ticket prices) and book your room. Then if you want you can continue saving $100 a month and have a couple hundred dollars to spend on booze and hookers.

Alternately, if you are closer than the west coast, you can band together with a couple other players in your vicinity, like Walkingcat, Crasx, Faberio did, and carpool, and share a room.  Reducing your travel expenses considerably.

If you want to go, you will go.  Where there is a will there is a way. You will not be disappointed, its an amazing time, a great vacation well worth the effort. :)

Hope to see you all there next year,

Shaftiel

P.S. To be fair.... there is very little stopping you from just packing a mat/sleeping-bag and crashing at the site to reduce the costs even more.  LOL, I'm sure that is frowned upon, but really... have you seen all the pictures of people sleeping at the event?  heh :P

Edited by shaftiel
  • Like 1