Kicked after retaliating against troll

Ewerd

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I just wanted to bring this up because it seriously irritated me.

There was a player on my team in de_mill tonight named Sawaiz that was repeatedly non-lethally shooting teammates, throwing grenades, standing in line of fire intentionally,  etc.  I repeatedly asked him to knock it off in global chat, as did a couple others.  At one point I did accidentally TK another teammate, but I apologized and he understood because of the situation.  Admin C.I.D. slapped me--okay, whatever.  Meanwhile, I'm getting specifically trolled against by this guy--shooting me, following me around and shooting around me, standing in my way, stuff like that.  Last round I played he was purposely standing in front of me and I had enough and killed him--against the rules, I realize.  I was then kicked by C.I.D.  I was not banned (as far as I know because I called it a night) so I didn't post in that section of the forum.

Look:  I acknowledge that I was ultimately in the wrong to TK him, but there were multiple complaints about this guy.  Kick him.  Don't let it go on for 12 rounds, please warn and kick the guy.  If it wasn't a "competitive" server I wouldn't care--but it is.  I'm just starting to get back into CS after a long hiatus and was active in GC through like 2006-2008.  I always liked playing at GC because it was well administrated and peaceful, I hope the community hasn't changed enough for this to be commonplace. :unsure2:

Edited by Ewerd

CID banned that guy.     Its hard for admins to catch all, AND IF he doesn't know/ trust you he's likely to wait for proof before acting so he doesn't enable reverse troll kicking  Apparently when the time came  what happened happened.  He kicked you for your actions and banned the other guy for his. That sounds right to me.  We do run our servers to the same standards as the older servers.  We are still GC good clean fun gaming!   Hope to see you on the servers some time soon.

Hey Eward

Sorry you had this experience. Sometimes admins miss stuff or misinterpret the situation. I talked to CID and he said he banned sawaiz after verifying the tk stuff. You may have been caught in the crossfire during this for tking someone, but it looks like it was just a kick and not a ban. A kick blocks for from the server for ~5min. You should be free yo play now