MSP3 or Laptop for University (College)?

suphuvn

I'm going to University real soon. I just wanted to get your opinion on whether I should get a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 or a laptop for university?

I am NOT planning on gaming, nor video rendering on the tablet/laptop, most likely just for educational purposes (notes, power points, word docs, etc.). Because I am staying in the same city, therefore I have a desktop at home.

Edited by suphuvn

It really is up to you. The Surface is designed to replace/become a laptop that is easier to move around with.

If you plan just to do word docs and school work a cheaper laptop will do fine.

Do you have any good laptops in mind?

I've been working at a government agency for the last several months and have very limited access with my work laptop. They do have an "open" wifi connection though and it allows me to connect via a VPN. I picked up a cheap Asus tablet with detachable keyboard for around $300 and it being a Windows 8.1 tablet, it works great. I get around 12 hours of use out of it depending on the use, etc. It's plenty fast and portable. You cannot game on it in any serious way but plenty fine for simple web games.

This is what I got: http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-T100TA-C1-RD-Detachable-Touchscreen-Laptop/dp/B00KX8ONZ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423677292&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+8.1