Banned from Minecraft

Fenix

I was banned from minecraft because I killed an afk player.  Apparently it was an admin but I'm not sure who that admin is.  His minecraft name is anubysx, I .  He asked why I killed him, I said it was because he was afk for hours and I got bored and killed him.  I saved his important gear like his tools and armor so that I could give it back when he respawned.

I apologized on the server when I was talking to him, and he asked why he shouldn't ban me, I stated I helped get enthusiasm into the minecraft server again when I started playing.  I said I was the one who mentioned to upgrade to spigot and get some addons back on.

If I'm reinstated, i promise not to kill anyone again.  I was also accused of griefing, but I tore down 2 blocks to find him and get him.  I wouldn't call that griefing, but I apologize for wrecking his home like that.  If I'm not reinstated, so be it, but I was really looking forward to playing with you guys again.

It seems that you are in need of a rules refresher as I have repinned a set of rules 3 days ago specifically at your request

Where are the rules exactly?  Didn't we used to have a sticky on this?

here is another link to the rules just in case you missed them in the minecraft forums Minecraft Rules

as you can see 
* no intentional killing of other players without consent
* no stealing or destroying other players' buildings, items, or animals
* no griefing

are the top three rules specifically listed in the section pertaining to minecraft. bored or not, admin or not killing another player is against the rules
destroying any bits of a players building is still destroying and looking at the logs you broke and replaced a couple of the blocks in a machine rendering it useless, that is griefing
that guy you happened to kill was me, and I was afking to render dynmap a plugin that was specifically asked for by the community.

you told me in game that you hit me a couple times to see if I was afk, yet here you post that you intentionally killed me because you were "bored"

seeing as this would be your 4th ban in the GC community you do have some difficulty with the rules, but as we are a forgiving group I will unban you but you will have to start back again from scratch... your items and base will be removed.

(edited)

Then I'm done.  I'm not starting over because you felt I griefed you.  I can understand the frustration that was caused, but deleting my stuff and destroying my base goes beyond fair.  I don't see anyone being banned in L4D2 AND having their stats removed.  I feel this needs to be bumped to a board member.

Edit:

Also i was only banned twice from L4D2...once because I used the boomer glitch when it wasn't bannable (I logged in after the warning was given out that it was bannable), and the other time i was banned for rushing.  In that situation we talked, and I told you I had just logged in and was banned about 20 sec later because I logged into a bot that followed the rushers or booted some other player that was not a member.  You unbanned me even though it was for 15 min.  So please don't reference stuff that happened over 2 years ago.  That statement you made about my bans does not reflect my character.

Edited by Fenix

(edited)

This was a message between one of the board members and I, and he suggested I post this to give Tirtul a better understanding of what my intentions were:

SInce I knew he was afk, I knew he wouldn't spawn back in time to grab his dropped stuff before it disappeared.  So I grabbed all the important stuff (armor and tools) and even cleared some of my own inventory in order to do that.  Once I saw him at my base, I went to my chest and grabbed his stuff (fyi I had better armor and tools than him, so I had no need for his stuff).  Afterward he killed me...I spawned, grabbed his stuff again, and then when I went searching for him (i guess he was flying around in creative mode invisible), I got banned.

I hadn't mentioned this before because I was a bit caught off-guard when I found out he was an admin, but when I was looking at dynmap, I saw some person's name I didn't recognize...they never responded in chat as well.  Once I got to where that person was in the map, I noticed it was tirtul's base (I had visited before).  I could have sworn up and down Tirtul's minecraft name was tirtul.  Basically I thought this guy was looting/building traps...because he was behind some walls next to Tirtul's chests.  That is the real reason I killed him.  I gave him a couple hits to see if he'd run around, but nope.  I wanted to know who he was, which is why I kept his stuff around for him.

Yes, I did know killing wasn't allowed since I read the rules when Tirtul posted them, but I remember back in the day we could kill someone if we saw someone looting someone else's stuff.

Also I just realized how stupid I was that I just didn't throw stuff in one of Tirtul's chests, and let tirtul handle that person...if that wasn't him already.

FYI the missing stuff that disappeared was consumables like string, eyeballs, stone...maybe 1 iron ore block, redstone....that kind of stuff.

I really do apologize Tirtul.  Any time I play with GC members, I always hold them in the highest regard.  I treat them with as much respect as I would like to be treated.  This is one of the reason I was looking for Clash of Clans players; one of the reasons I hoped I could help get enthusiasm for a Team Fortress 2 server run by GC, and for minecraft to become fun and popular again.

I hope that we can just put this behind us and play some games again.  I don't like it when there's animosity between people who should be friends and co-gamers.

Edited by Fenix
  • Like 2

Hi Fenix

Thanks for apologizing to Tirtul and for agreeing to follow GC rules and our Minecraft Server rules in the future.

Tirtul has already restored your base and the majority of your items. 

Since you did break the rules, we decided to put your ban time to 1 week (from the time you were originally banned).  I believe it should end on Wednesday. 

Please make sure it doesn't happen again. 

If you need any help or want to report any problems, please contact Tirtul or another admin.  Also, feel free to contact board members with any further questions or problems.

• Like 3

Thank you guys.  I appreciate the just reason.  I'll notify Chick or Tirtul once a week or so has passed.  I may take a break for a tad bit until my H1Z1 fix has been satiated.

I appreciate the time and effort you have put into looking into this.

• Like 3