banned for wanting to play with friend

sportsman2567

1. Give us as much information as possible.

Team VS L4D2 10 vs 10 server #1

In game name: sportsman and my friend eastwood981

Steam ID: ellis2567 and eastwood981

Banned by: MaestroPG.gc

2. State precisely what happened.

My friend and I were having a good time on your server playing together (on the same team) and a new game started.  My friend was placed on the other team.  He re-joined my team and then was told by the admin not to switch teams.  My friend told him he wanted to play with his friend and the admin said ,"not on this server" and booted him.  I called the admin out on it for booting him for wanting to play with me on my team.  He booted me also.

3. Take responsibility for your own actions.

My actions were to defend my friend, of course I take responsibility for that.

4. Apologize.

I apologise for calling him a British (accent) donkey hole and a douche, but he had it coming.

5. Flatter us.

Fun server until the admin ruined it.

6. Assure us that your behaviour will change for the better.

I promise to play with my friend and not be an asshat, as long as we are treated fairly and not booted for wanting to play on the same team.

Edited by sportsman2567

GC Server Admin

Leaving this in the hands of a Board Member to deal with.

Please note that you are not allowed to change teams just to play with your friend.

Your friend's language was uncalled for and abusive, we do not tolerate such behaviour.

l

4. Apologize. I apologise for calling him a British donkey hole and a douche, but he had it coming.

This is not an acceptable apology.  I was not in the wrong, both you and your friend's language got yourself banned.

5. Flatter us. Fun server until the admin ruined it

You ruined this for yourself, not the admin, furthermore, this cheap jibe at myself makes me think that you are insincere with your apology and thus as far as I'm concerned, you can stay banned.

(edited)
Please note that you are not allowed to change teams just to play with your friend.

I understand why you have the rule to keep teams balanced, but when friends play together they always try to be on the same team.  That should be allowed.

Your friend's language was uncalled for and abusive, we do not tolerate such behaviour.

My friend was reacting to an unfair situation and he is a very expressive individual.  No other time has he been abusive in any way.  Same with me.  You act like a jerk you get called out on it.

This is not an acceptable apology.  I was not in the wrong, both you and your friend's language got yourself banned.  

I am apologizing for my language, not my actions.  We at no time before your banathon used offensive language.  We are adults and when someone acts like you did with no respect for his fellow players you deserve no respect.  Banning people for wanting to play with their friends, ridiculous.  You could have asked him who his friend was, then moved us to the same team and moved someone else to level the teams.  So yes your actions were wrong.  There was a better way to go about it.

You ruined this for yourself, not the admin, furthermore, this cheap jibe at myself makes me think that you are insincere with your apology and thus as far as I'm concerned, you can stay banned.

No Sir you ruined it.  We were having a good afternoon, me holding my baby daughter asleep in my arms, and my friend with his son asleep in his arms.  We were taking about him needing to go cut his grass and we'd play one more round.  The round started and he was on the other team, naturally he switched back to my team.  We have been swapping teams to play together for weeks on your server, but today you said no you can't switch to play with your friend.  That didn't fly with us so you started banning and we started complaining.

It's just a game and we can stay banned if your board sees fit.  We just enjoyed that server, until you did what you did.  I'm an engineering manager and I would never discipline my employees for breaking rules without knowing the full story and the root cause.  People deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks

Edited by sportsman2567

GC Server Admin
(edited)

You CANNOT  move teams just to be on same side as your friend - this is a rule of the server. 

We at GC don't care for abusive sexual language on the server, it is not welcome here.

I specifically told you in game that you could not change teams to be on the same side and swapped you back, it was then that your friend started using vulgar sexual explicit language over mic.

People do deserve the benefit of the doubt, but your accusations are unwarranted and inexcusable.

Edited by MPG1770
  • Like 1

GC Server Admin

I locked this so that you would refrain from hurling insults and further derogatory comments that would be unfavourable towards having your ban uplifted ubtil Peanut (Board Member)  can adjudicate on this matter.  However, that did not stop you from sending me a pm and continue with the insults.

Until this issue is resolved, I suggest that you stop with the attacks as this will look bad for you.

In the meantime, I suggest that you carefully read the rules of the server.

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/34619-gc-rulescode/?p=421793

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45111-l4d2-warning-to-all-regarding-servergc-rules/?p=542507

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/?p=518168

• Like 1

We have a rule on our L4D2 servers: no "stacking" of teams.  While I realize you want to play on the same team as a friend and think you were not "stacking" the team, you need to understand that EVERYONE has friends on the servers.  When I play, there are people I would prefer to have on my team, but I do not put myself on that team.  If we made an exception in our rules simply for you, then how could we enforce it with everyone else?  This is a simple rule which virtually everyone has accepted.  The admin (Maestro) does not have the option to make an exception for you.  If he did, others would complain to me, and he would need to answer to me for not enforcing the rules properly.

When Maestro tried to enforce the rules, you were rude and extremely insulting and verbally abusive to him.  We volunteer our time to help create a fun and non-abusive gaming environment.  He doesn't deserve to be treated in this way.

This ban will stay.  If you would like to send in any additional information about this, please send it to me directly through the website. 

• Like 3