Slot Reservation kicking

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I have to say being on the receiving end it sucks. I rarely can get into Mmmm and due to being unemployed, do not wish to pay for a slot at the moment. So... going 6-0 and then getting kicked due to slot reservation really sucks.

I just wanted to say that...

zd

Does it kick people before taking the 20th slot? Last night, a bunch of you guys joined, and I was kicked. HLSW was running in the background and said there were only 19 people in there. Come to think of it, I've never seen 20 people in there since that 1 spot is being held.

Yep, last person to join gets the ole boot when a reservists comes along.

However, the nature of the beast is the reservist MUST have a spot to connect to, thus the 19/20. We are working on getting that fixed, however, atm there is no way to make it fill to x/x and still run the boot method.

The other alternative was what we were using before: a certain number of spots....but in that case, with so many reservists, if the spots a filled, even a reservist gets a full message, which is unacceptable. So, we're left with the last one in goes away.

We could do it by ping, but we felt that was unjust, and actually, ZD, in that case it might be you EVERY TIME! :o (aren't you still doing dial-up?)

So, sorry but that's how it goes.

PS. Xter: What's funny is sometimes right before I join I sort HLSW by "Time" so I can momentarily feel compassion for whoever it is....and honestly, if it's a community member that I don't really feel like displacing, I might wait a few minutes. :)

i pwnt you hedrynx  :ph34r:

You sure 'pwnt' the spelling of my name.

Ping doesn't sound too shabby.

Or better yet, you could save the script some work and just have it kick ZD.

I love you man! :lol:

(edited)
Yep, last person to join gets the ole boot when a reservists comes along.

Not neccisarily Fatty. I was on a couple of nights ago and I some guy I've never seen b4, came on. Then i got kicked when one of the "reservists" came on. Unless that pure nobody had a reserve? Also when there is like maybe 15/16 ppl on i cannot connect due to slot reservation. Why is that?

:unsure:

Edited by CampKillYourself

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

I wasn't complaining, I know the rules of the server and how it runs. I was just psyched that I got in after weeks of not being able to. And then that happened...

but right now I can not play due to employment issues and what not. Not to mention the new nforce2 drivers totally hosed my system. I never knew that with 25 Gigs free and 512MB of RAM I could get low on virtual memory. Those new IDE drivers from Nvidia are horrible and it is looking like I may need to do ANOTHER complete reinstall.... I may deal with it until I get a new vid card.

Then there are two guys who are hitting on my wife and not getting the picture. So between beating some donkey and fixing this thing I have to worry about my potential future job and career. Wow... so much to do.

Edited by zerodamage

I'm sorry but now you're making me laugh. :lol:

icon_smile_lachuh.gif

I mean really, we share things here and there on this board...but I'm not sure what we're supposed to say to some of that last stuff...I guess it hit my funny bone....I mean, that's a lot of stuff....lol....sounds more like a movie to me...

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

fatty, that was the point. :P