Ram help?

You know my mobo from the other thread but here is a question about ram. I recently purchased a OEM pc2700 333mhz stick. I tried it in slot 2, and slot 3 with my samsung stick ram ( same stats ) and 1st time it beeped at me, 2nd time my monitor wouldnt come on and the PC wouldnt boot. When I used this ram by itself it still wouldnt work. It did the same thing with not booting up.

My question is: Could this be that I recieved BAD ram? or is my mobo not compatible with this OEM ram? any ideas..

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

nforce2 mobo right? gotta make sure you put it in the right place.

Actually ZD, when I checked my manual, it said you could have the memory in slot 1 for the first and either slot 2 or 3 for the second stick.

Either way Whiplash, try it by itself in your first slot (check mobo documentation or look on mobo itself; the slots should be labled). If it still doesn't work, sounds like bad ram. You will be surprised the percentage of equipment that is DOA brand new.

(edited)

Yes samsung works fine.

As for positioning it I tried it on all slots. my ram slots on my mobo look like this.

12 3

|| | The samsung is in 1. I tried the OEM in slot 2 and 3 with the samsung, and I tried the OEM in slot 1 by itself. It no go.

So I guess end result is bad ram, and I could try and pick up another oem stick then?

Edited by whiplash

Well, I would just return the one you have now and make the retailer replace it. Even being OEM RAM, you should still have 30 days to return. Odds are they will make you pay for the return shipping but to paraphrase Joe Pesci, "THEY SCREW YOU IN THE RETURN POLICY!!!"

Im checking out the return policy now, I actually buy my stuff from an online store. You have to get approval for the return (which I have already) they send you an email and let you know how the return will be handled (ie: send you another or refund) I am still at work and do not know if they are automatically sending me another.