back on the market for a vid card

Slaphappy

(edited)

So now that I fried my ti4600 it looks like I'm back on the market for a card. Only pob is now I don't have taco for money. So whats the most bang for you buck these days?

*edit currently my computer is being powered by a mx400 see the king of the retarted in chit-chat for more details*

Edited by Slaphappy

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Bestbuy has Radeon 9500 Pro's for only 150 bucks.

ok I just got a loner card...It's a 8500LE right now looks like my limit on a card is gonna be 120ish total (so tax shipping etc end up in 120 range) I'm really not sure It would be worth it if I have and 8500 for the moment to buy a new card then try to save up again for something nice. How much better is a 9000 comparied to a 8500. Are we talking 5 to 6 fps or is it a major upgrade?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The 8500Le is what I use now. good card. Make sure you use my guide and clean out the old nvidia drivers and try using the Omega drivers for ati. They are very good.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

http://www.omegacorner.com/

Make sure you remove your current vidia control panel before installing these drivers. The two control panels can cause serious issues with the drivers if installed over one another.

Before you install the omega's, use this:

Driver Cleaner 1.7

Uninstall your current drivers, all of them. Then use this. What you want to do is this: Use the drive cleaner to remove all ati and nvidia junk left over. And use the CAB cleaner and clean ONLY Driver.cab and nothing else. THEN install the omega's.

note: the omega's do not get as high as a score on the 3dmark's but do better on games and look better to boot.

note2: monday, this coming monday the new cats 3.5 will be out and omega will be releasing his omega version the same day. Look for them also.

Great news for me. Well I peiced together the parts of my old 4600 useing a heatsink from a diff card and what not...and they took it back. I was like NO WAY I'M GETTING MY CARD BACK....well not exzatly as it turns out newegg no longer has any more of the 4600. So they are going to refund my 178 bucks here in the next 3 days. So now I really am in the market for a new card OCsystem has some really good deals on the newer ati cards.

Now I might be able to add a little bit to that 178 but not a huge amount. So do I go for a nice 9500 pro or should i try to wait awhile and save up for a 9700 pro? Oh ya and if anyone knows anyware cheaper to get these cards let me know

*edit* DOH DOH DOH This is slappy I never remeber to log out kemo cuz i'm a numb nut....<---------slappy is a numb nut

Edited by [VI] Kemo Sabe

I ordered one of the nice OC'd 9500 Pro from ocsystem.com and it was defective. They tried to send me a 9500 that had been updated with a new bios to register as a 9500 pro. I could tell by the position of the memory and could see where they had soldered it. I was only get 30-40 Frames in CS and it took 15 phone calls and a month and a half later to get my money back!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Kemo Sabe,Jun 30 2003, 10:50 PM] Great news for me.  Well I peiced together the parts of my old 4600 useing a heatsink from a diff card and what not...and they took it back.  I was like NO WAY I'M GETTING MY CARD BACK....well not exzatly as it turns out newegg no longer has any more of the 4600.  So they are going to refund my 178 bucks here in the next 3 days.  So now I really am in the market for a new card OCsystem has some really good deals on the newer ati cards.

Now I  might be able to add a little bit to that 178 but not a huge amount.  So do I go for a nice 9500 pro or should i try to wait awhile and save up for a 9700 pro? Oh ya and if anyone knows anyware cheaper to get these cards let me know

*edit* DOH DOH DOH This is slappy I never remeber to log out kemo cuz i'm a numb nut....<---------slappy is a numb nut

Bestbuy are selling the 9500 pro at 150 even. You can easily OC it yourself with a dif bios. So in the end, you will get a pretty good vid card (for a year anyway) and only pay 150 bucks for it.