Overclocking......

THX1138

does anybody else get into OC'ing? i currently have my AMD 1.33ghz running at 1.493ghz i have 512 PC3200 DDR400 at 210.4 so i think that means its going at 420.8mhz and my graphics card is a GF FX 5200 Ultra running the core at 270 and the memory at 420. oh yeah my mobo is an MSI KT4V(MS-6712). Any tips or your system specs would be cool. thanx.

Asus A7N8x-deluxe

1800+

512 PC2100

Radeon 9500 pro

Heres my system when I had it OC'd

3dmark 03 compare url

I did have it running around 1.7 but theres not any noticable performance difference.

I now have everythign running stock, cuz i only got about 200 points higher when I had everythign OC'd. Im waiting till i get some loot in a few months...thank god for finacial aid :D Then I plan to either Drop a 333fsb or a 400fsb amd in with some PC3500 or 3200 ram so it should be able to handle the OCing.

thats the kt4 ultra right? I have one on the way. how does it work for you? any problems with the SATA?

I have the Vanilla KT4 Ultra. No SATA . I have 2 of them and they both have been fantastic for me so far (had them for about 2 months)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

Grrrrrrrrrrr NOFX how did u OC ur 9500 Pro? Didnt u have to flash the bios?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)
Grrrrrrrrrrr NOFX how did u OC ur 9500 Pro? Didnt u have to flash the bios?

I flashed my bios, but there is an easier way. Just d/l Omega's latest drivers. There is a software patch inside the drivers that lets you O/C without the need of flashing your bios. DO NOT use the hacked option when you do this, just use the regular drivers and install all the extras when you install these.

Before you install them, YOU MUST UNINSTALL your current ATI control panel ONLY. Leave the driver but remove the control panel or your control panels will be screwed for ever after that (unless you reinstall windows).

www.driverheaven.net

there is a link to Omega's website.

Also, you can use Powerstrip and you can OC without the bios. Using the bios makes programs think your card is a 9700 pro. If you looked at one of my 3dmark2003 (which i no longer link) you will see it show up as a 9700 pro.

Edited by zerodamage

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

y0 zerodamage anyway u can give me a direct link to Download from man? I can't find it anywhere on that site, and i dont want to download the wrong 1 and fudge up my system.