3dmark2003 flawed?

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I say yes, it is. Why? Because I recently did a comparison of my system to one that was only a fraction as fast as mine. I beat it in every single test. This system was only a 1.4 ghz AMD with 200 FSB and 256MB of RAM with a 9500 pro like mine. I beat it in every test but one... the Nature test which had to be a game flaw. It beat me by like 4 fps, and ended up with a score overall 500 higher than mine.

Now I am looking on the net and find this:

http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000242

I will no longer be putting a compare URL up for this benchmark (2003) version due to this. This goes to show how flawed this benchmark really is.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

Thats why you people should use 2001SE best 1 out right now. 2003 was made to make ur PC seem like crap.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
If its meant to test the video card, then I would assume that a Pentium 75mhz and a P4-2Ghz with the same graphics card should produce similar results?  It might be a useful benchmark if you are into graphics card overclocking.

Well no. Cards like the 9700 pro get fps as the cpu gets faster. Notice in some of the games how the 8500 and the 9700 pro get the same fps no the 1.4 ghz celeron. The point is that if that was the case it being to test the video card, it would do the same thing on the games as well, since the 3dmark2003 is supposed to simulate games. So the benchmark is basically junk.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

Zero Damage do u have AIM? cause if u do i need to talk to u about your 9500 Pro. PlZ msg me at Jamesbond1179