Interesting night

General J

Interesting night is an understatement, but that's alright. It started out alright. Ran into 2 friends, one in his 96 sonoma, and the other in his 99 firebird going up to a car cruise at a place called JJ's bar and grill ( from which I had just left) They tell me to go back up there, so I drop the girl that was with me off at her house and head back up there. We decide to meet back up there at 10:30 after we all get gas and do other random stuff. So we meet back up. We have my 96 Ranger, Shanes 96 sonoma, andrews 99 firebird, some kid in an older Taurus SHO (quick little beater let me tell you). We then meet up with ryan and his CJ-7 wrangler, and lendell and his Trans-am WS6. We proceed to cruise down the highway to a gas station so lendell and ryan can fill up. After bsing around for awhile at the station, Lendell decides he is going to go mess around on some backroads. The kid with the SHO later splits off. While the 4 of us that are left are sitting at a stop light getting ready to turn, a cop drives by and stares us all down. I watch him do a u-turn in the middle of a busy street and pull up right on my bumper to turn with us. He tailgates me, then goes straight for shanes sonoma. Pulls him over. We all wait for him in a nearby parking lot. He gives shane trouble about his window tinting and lack of front license plate. Ok, so that was a little run in. THEN Ryan's jeep won't start. Andrew ( who had never driven a manual) gets in while we push to try to pop start it. BAM! A sound like a gunshot goes off and we all almost tinkle ourselves. Ryan's battery has just BLOWN up. Literally blown, as in a big hole in the top of it. As if that wasn't bad enough, Lendell calls and has just been pulled over right down the street by the EXACT SAME COP! After a while of fooling around they all go to get a new battery and I split off to head home. Enough excitement for me for one night. ;):D:rolleyes:

Where's the love g00t? They are only there to protect you :)

I've been fortunate enough to have not had a bad runin with a police officer so my impression is not tainted. I'm more apt to hate society :P

(edited)

Yea, I do agree with you gond... But protect us from what? A girl and boy who are swinging at a park at 10:30 p.m., and decide to hassle him because he parked sideways instead of in a spot while no one was there.... :angry:<_< .. Or because someone has a nice looking truck with "too dark" of window tint? Sorry, I respect the police as much as the next guy, but it gets to a point where it gets ridiculous. Whipping a U-turn in the middle of a busy street to follow someone with dark windows is a bit absurd if you ask me. I just wish the police around here had better ways to spend their time then hassling people for bs reasons.

Oh, and if you ever get the chance to see a battery explode, I highly recommend it. We still talk about it and it was most definitly bad donkey. Not as cool as seeing an anvil shot 60 feet in the air with gunpowder, but still very very cool. :D

Edited by General J

Gond Posted on Aug 11 2003, 02:53 PM

Where's the love g00t?
General J Posted on Aug 12 2003, 11:29 AM
I just wish the police around here had better ways to spend their time then hassling people for bs reasons.

Thats my point. All I have EVER seen from a cops is guys with nothing to do who hassle normal type people. I am sure that plenty of cops do a lot of good, but I think we really only need them in the inner cities and just a FEW in the burbs.

Yesterday on my way home from work, there was a cop in the fast lane going 60 mph...MUCH slower than traffic usually (and safely) travels on that highway. Everyone was backed up behind his silly donkey while he just cuised and enjoyed his power. Meanwhile, I watched him cruise past TWO people standing next to their broken cars on the shoulder. No offense, I am sure some cops are cool, but not most of them.

BTW, a Dallas cop was just fired for shooting a man three times in the back.

Oh, Cincinnati has all kinds of issues with bad cops as you may have read.

I've just been fortunate to not have had any issues. I'll tell you a positive story just to help you feel better about the police.

My neighbor kid and his buddy were caught swimming in the subdivision pool before it was open. The pool was nasty as anything but they did it anyway. So, the cop puts them in the car to take them home...has to wait around for the parents to come home & then leaves. No ticket, no court, nothing. However, later that evening, after the guys shift he stops back by and sits down with the kid and talks to him about what he did. The parents were very impressed and said that the impression left on the kid was great. Don't think he's done anything bad since.

So, there ya have it...guess it's the same thing of, the bad ones get noticed.

No...the bad ones are more prevalent. Makes it tough for the few good ones, and there are some great guys who are cops...please dont misunderstand, the guy in your story sounds like a heck of a nice guy, probably had a kid that age himself.

That's pretty cool that he made it more of a personal issue and went back. See, cops like that win my respect in an instant.

However, Yelling over the intercom on his car for me to (and I quote) "Get my donkey up there" (your has been changed to my, and here has been changed to there to fit the context) while there are little kids not too far down with their parents who are talking after a little league baseball game does not. Oh, and does it really take two cars to ask me to move my truck and actually park it in a parking spot while no one else is around at 10:30 p.m., so I will not be "Taking up 10 parking spaces"? :rolleyes::lol: (lmao, My little short bed Ranger has become a Monster dualie) Thats a different story... If you really want me to tell you that cop hassle story I will. But it just makes me mad.

Nope...your right...police should treat you with the utmost respect and expect the same in return. Course that goes for everyone. Then if you disrespect them they should shoot you :lol: