Steam

Guest SnowSurfer
Guest SnowSurfer
Guest SnowSurfer
Guests

i would help you if i could connect to the steam network...but i cant connect :(

I don't know if you got your stuff to work yet. I had beta but now I'm having problems. Gonna try this...297kps west coast mirror....30 minutes. W00t cable!

http://www.gamershell.com/download_3369.shtml

the link is for 1.6 and steam both 379meg total

Some mirrors r faster then others ..

Edited by Wanted In 17 States

steam for me stinks!!!

I get to Validating game files or something like that and it just locks up until I hit cancel.

it's terrible so far. How many people are getting this junk to work. I imagine quite a bit. But I also have read tons of people have several problems.

My first install failed. I tried again and what would you know....It worked. All is going well till I join in and it locks up.

GREAT just GREAT.

I know its beta. But couldn't everyone switch when it was like at least 90% accurate. Seems like its more like 50%. At least it seems a whole lot of people are having troubles.

Well I'll just have to keep trying till I figure it out.

If anyone know my particular problem or solves anything please share it with everyone.

Auggy

I was having problems with Steam til I downloaded steam and 1.6 together; (the link I provided previously in this post.) Took some time the first time it loaded, but now it works fine for me. For my time and energy, I suggest the link, 1st time tried it, it worked. As opposed to trying to dl it from steam 4 times and it timing out or locking my computer.

I'm joining the list of disenchanted Steam users.

Boot up. Launch Steam, wait <wonder how long this would take on my old 600 :bang: >

Click FC in the server list and hit connect, wait.

Comes back with a server full...ok, click the connect when a spot frees up.

Error...crash...

Kill the process.

Launch Steam, wait

click Trop from list of servers and click connect, wait

error as follows.

Window = PreCondition Assertion Failed

Name: No children still registered

Program:  C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe

File:  \p4clients\rel_beta\Projects\Common\Misc\MultiFieldBlob.cpp

Line:2394

m_uNumRegisteredChildren == 0

Now it says I can't connect to the steam servers.

Is this just a huge effort to kill CS?

It's been touch and go...works, doesn't, works doesn't, etc. The only thing that seems to work for me is that I noticed it made a Steam__66604__2003_9_15T20_26_42C382940.mdmp or similar file when I failed to connect. Each time I deleted the file, rebooted my pc and it works. Three different times it's worked now. Sometimes it asks me to re-dl (install) the files even though I have them. Sometimes I have to say yes like 3 times then it will go. Takes a while to load...hope this helps...

In the Steam folder

C:\Steam

Edited by Wanted In 17 States

steam for me stinks!!!

I get to Validating game files or something like that and it just locks up until I hit cancel.

it's terrible so far.  How many people are getting this junk to work.  I imagine quite a bit.  But I also have read tons of people have several problems.

My first install failed.  I tried again and what would you know....It worked.  All is going well till I join in and it locks up.

GREAT just GREAT. 

I know its beta.  But couldn't everyone switch when it was like at least 90% accurate.  Seems like its more like 50%.  At least it seems a whole lot of people are having troubles.

Well I'll just have to keep trying till I figure it out.

If anyone know my particular problem or solves anything please share it with everyone.

Auggy

that happened to me a few times....But i just reboot and it was alright. It takes a while to do that, like 30 seconds lol

Guest SnowSurfer
Guest SnowSurfer
Guest SnowSurfer
Guests

well it would be nice if i had an internet connection...but according to steam i dont!

error message in the log:

CsComm Session Sep-15-2003 20:36:48.521 [1640] ReconnectThread (1640) Starting

CsComm Session Sep-15-2003 20:36:48.523 [1640] reconnect thread started

CsComm Session Sep-15-2003 20:37:02.208 [1640] ReconnectThread (1640) Told to exit

CsComm Session Sep-15-2003 20:37:02.208 [1640] reconnect thread stopped

Well,

Not that this will help much (hahah I baled on steam and am back playing 1.5) I'll wait to play in mmmm

If you don't have an connection make sure your firewalls permit all ports requested. (i know you've already done that).

I had that message after a failed 1st install. I tried to install a 2nd time and it connected....Thats the way an installation should be...yea right.

To be honest everyone has such a different exp. with Steam Valve really should have held this one back a bit.

It's a mess. If you go to Valvesoftware.com and go to the forums you'll see there are tons of people having problems just like yourself

so your not alone. Don't think you are the only one with wierd problems. Some people can't even get it installed.

Is it their machines? Who knows. Probably.

I did find that MS messenger conflicts on my pc when steam is running. I cannot run them simulteounsley. If I log into Messnger I cannot run steam.

My advice Bale on Steam for about 6 mos.

Late,

Auggy