steam sucks

NOFX

so I install steam, but it locked up in the middle of the install when it said something about copying cache files. I try to run CS but nothing comes up. I uninstall steam and reinstall a few times and restart a few times and still nothing. I go look in the steamapps folder and there is a few files in there, but there is no CS folder. So does anyone have any clue? Im stuck

Ok, first of all, lemme breathe...I downloaded the beta and signed up and posted to be a tester for the game. When I started trying things out, it killed my 1.5 skills. So when no one contacted me on being a tester or wanting any sort of advice from me, I went straight back to 1.5 because I said that 1.6 has a "LONG" way to go before it goes public. Now, its out and they haven't fixed a single bug it had when the beta first was tested. In my opinion, and no one has to agree with me, but 1.6 doesn't deserve to be on computers right now, it doesn't deserve to replace 1.5, and it definitely is far from my expectations of CS. It never should of went public. Thank you.

:bang: I am FURIOUS with the way 1.6 is running. (and no, it's not my computer.)

After the first death, i am no longer able to view scores using tab, nor chat or teamchat. I cannot vote using the 1-4 keys on maps. I cannot use my microphone key to speak. I cannot follow others around with spectator mode, though the enter key will switch between players, rather than the previous "click."

All of these fuctions work when I'm alive, but not when I'm dead. This ticks me off. I can deal with the frustration of adjusting to a slower gameplay, or different skins, and sounds, but when i cant simply view scores, it makes me want to delete steam and cs from my computer completely. ARGH!! :bang::bang:

ok everyone remeber the echo you get when you play some maps like paitball and stuch.....well with new steam...that happens all the time I can't make it go away no stop sound no restarting cs no restarting steam no restarting computer helps...I can't get rid if the friggen echo....I HATE LIFE

:) thank you dweez.

New bug: I opened steam and it would not give me an active window... just hourglass for a second and then stored it away in task manager as a process, but never gave me a window to work in. Strange, eh? So I reinstalled it, and now it won't let me log in, change password, or create new. (Failed with error 200.. could not connect to Steam.) Wild. :crazy:

Edited by Skywalker

now it won't let me log in, change password, or create new.  (Failed with error 200.. could not connect to Steam.)  Wild.  :crazy:

Same problem here...doesn't even remember the login ID I have been using for days now. I think Steam is down right now :unsure:

now it won't let me log in, change password, or create new.  (Failed with error 200.. could not connect to Steam.)  Wild.  :crazy:

Login Failures

September 17, 2003, 1:17 pm · Chris Bokitch

Some people might be getting the following message when attempting to login to Steam:

"Login to steam failed. Either the specified account does not exist, or the password was wrong. Please check your email address and password and try again."

This is a bit misleading - your account exists and is fine. The authentication servers are under heavy load right now. This problem should be resolved shortly. Thanks for your patience!