the.rev firebird..

Guest the.rev

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

yea so its problem after problem with my american made car but i love it =)... but now my drivers side door wont open.. i busted the inside paneling half way off and stuck my hand in there trying to pull a mechanism to get it open at least and cant.. every thing looks fine until the little black box ( the little thing inside the door on the end that clicks onto the rod ) if that makes sense.... i think something might have busted inside there.. help if ya can thnx!

I mess with cars installing stereos and stuff, just a shot in the dark, but there are little plastic pieces that hold the locking rod into place. If one of these has broken it could have let the rod slip out and hence your door locking mechanism not to work. Two suggestions, take the panel completely off and get an auto manual for your vehicle. Most manuals, chilton and the likes, will have step by step instructions on how to take the panels on and off and how the locking mechanisms work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

got the manual from helms.. 95 dollars.. its huge.. never seen a book bigger except yellow pages..thnx dude ima get on it..

Hmmm....just like him, you refuse to tell the whole story...I guess I will have to.

Friend gets handed a brand new 4-RUNNER from his grandfather when he graduates high school. Asks me to install stereo in it. (Head unit, speakers, amp and all). I tell him how much it will cost, then I tell him he needs an in-line fuse or else wires could over heat, fire and the usual. He decides that the 20-40 bucks, depending on what kind he gets, is not worth it for the fuse. I tell him he really really needs it. He refuses so I install. About a year later he pulls into a service station, the guy lifts the hood and tells him that his car could catch on fire if he doesn't put an in-line fuse in it. Now the guy wants to go around telling people that I do crappy work and almost/could have caught his car on fire. And people like lamb just help fan the flame.

If I recall correctly lamb, it never stopped you from asking for my help when installing stereos in your car? :nono:

Now, if you wanna hear one I really did do, that I guess you could say it was my fault:

I had a friend who bought a jeep wrangler. Well, the radio had been ripped out of it at the mall before he bought it. The thieves just ripped it right out of the dash so there were wires everywhere. I had to trouble shoot to find a hot wire. So I find a hot wire and splice into it for the switched hot wire. Well, did I mention that it was dark when I was doing this and my friend had his headlights on. So, you can guess which wire I spliced, so yes, he had to have his lights on if he wanted to play the radio.

• 2 weeks later...