an idea for the fightclub server

Camel_Man

i thought of this idea tonight while play dust_2 and cbble over and over again (not too fond of the map rotation right now but i still love playing in mmmm) instead of fightclub, why not make it Mmmm Oldskool? nothing but oldskool maps like rotterdam thunder forest etc etc. would be cool to remember the good ol days and kick it oldskool. would also give some of the newer cs players a chance to see what it was like back in teh day. any input?

suggest to fatty that these maps be available to choose in voting in trop. FC was made to be a competitive match server and therefore only has the basic maps. FC is match/CAL/MCC based and thats why the same maps are played there. If you want custom maps or something that is not played all that often, thats what trop is 4

Edited by PuppySurprise

FC is the match server. It is not for frivolous custom maps. Maybe the map rotation needs a little face lift, but in general, it is for match-style play, matches, scrims, practices, et al, in preparation for matches. You want specialty maps and such, that is what tropolis is generally for.

Hehe pup, great idiots think alike.

Edited by dwEEziL

suggest to fatty that these maps be available to choose in voting in trop.  FC was made to be a competitive match server and therefore only has the basic maps.  FC is match/CAL/MCC based and thats why the same maps are played there.  If you want custom maps or something that is not played all that often, thats what trop is 4

i thought trop was for to play dust2 aztec and scoutzknivez. am i mistaken?

Great ideas?! I don't count copying what Puppy said and regurgitating it back with a few little added comments a great idea; you call that plagiarism. ^_^ (Puppy get with me later, we're talking lawsuit.)

I do agree with your comment about the map choices though. I laugh everytime I see choices like:

1. Aztec

2. Leet_skeet_awp (or whatever its called)

3. Aztec

4. Extend current

I saw that choice today and I have seen others that are similiar. I don't know how the server or you guys set-up the maps/rotation choices, but it would be nice to see a little variety.

"But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

(^ Gave author credit, therefore, no lawsuit.)

And, no Camel, you are not mistaken. I swear I saw the server name as:

'[Mmmm]-Tropolis - Aztec/Dust2/ScoutzKnives' at least once.