Benchmarks

All Kill3r

I usually have too much crap running to get a decent benchmarking but I might be interested.

BTW All_K, you should really switch your brands of beer, that light crap is for the birds.  Here, have a Guinness. guiness.gif

heh i actually do prefer darker beers with a little more zing, Yuengling Black & Tan takes the crown :P

ill be spending the day building my new rig bird so ill update my score as soon as its built ^_^ dont think i can get 20k out of this 9500pro though :disgust: hehe i went to Lowe's last night and got a 76mm hole saw though to open up these fans a little, got these built-in grills holdin em back :P

Edited by All Kill3r

removing the stock fan grills was my first attempt to mod a case.

Added a 120mm and an 80mm hole to a case that only had two 80's.

Bigger fan holes Blow, more air

:)

Overclock the life out of that 9500

friend of mine witha p4 @ 3.25 and a 9500 pro gets 17500 in 3dmark 01

course its a lil unstable, but he can complete a loop of 3dmark 01

if he had better video card cooling it would be completely stable i believe

i think he was like 100mhz overclock on the core of his 9500pro

see what you can do

he also had his 9500pro flashed to a 9700pro bios

cant say i recomend trying that, but it seemed to work on his cause his card is always reconized as a 9700pro now at 9500 clocks

hehe I got a 9800 pro coming in the mail here in a week or two. But I'm intrested to see what a buddy of mines rig is gonna bench at once he gets it all put together (or rather I put it all together for him) not sure all of what he got I just know the got the most expesive of everything he could find. For istance got the fastest 64bit cpu (only 700 some bucks at newegg) 9800 XT and so on. Spent way to much money but it should be pretty impressive

HEhe

As long as he keeps the computer awhile itll be worth

hope hes not the kind to upgrade every couple of months though

Almost 1000 bucks for a processor is crazy.

I would prolly buy a 1000 video card(if it pwned and ungodly fast)

But never even 700 for a processor

I'd say 300 is my max on a processor

and ive only spent 200 max on one.

Run some more benchmarks on that sucker

Try PcMark 2002

i got my ram running @ 2.85v but thats all my mobo will allow me to feed it. Seems the more i have been feeding it the faster the fires burns in there. Anyway to get a little more juice to these chips without doing Vmods or is 240mhz/ 2-3-3-7 @ 2.85v da best imma get outta these suckas ?

Also, my cpu is at 1.7v but fluctuates at load down to as low as 1.6ish but temps never go about 40c. My psu gonna die on me or is that normal ? And if thats normal and temps are good could i feed it another .05 or .1v or should 1.7 really be the limit on P4's. Im getting close to being able to run stable at 3.5ghz @ 250mhz along witht he ram also at 250mhz but still needs something..... i dunno.

I'd say thats all the mhz your gonna get from the ram, since its only pc3200 and your running at about 480mhz then its given all shes got.

As for the voltage on the processor, I would keep it at 1.7 for a couple days. If its stable at 1.7 back it back down slowly. Each time you back it down run the thing for a few days to see if its stable. Never give it more voltage than what it needs to be stable. The more voltage u give that sucka the faster it will die. I wouldnt be afraid to go over 1.7 v just do it slow.

I just got a new high on 3dmark 01!

old score 18282

NEw score 18810

with a 9800XT

and a 3000+ AMd @ 2400Mhz (12x200 and at 1.75V)

http://studentweb.eku.edu/preston_combs30/...3dmark%2001.jpg

im right around 13500 right now but that just with tweaking bios stuff, havent touched da 9500Pro yet :) Im hoping for 16k outta this setup until the new year when i get myself one of those XT's to stick in hear ! :peace:

Edited by All Kill3r