Something strange (FPS related). Help!

TFR|Cyberwrath

So I was pubbing on Tropolis earlier, everything was fine, and then I took a break. About an hour later when I started again, I connected to a random server and experienced extreme graphical lag. My FPS was about 30-50 (normally 60-90) and I wouldn't get higher than 25 when recording.

It's not just CS that lags after that. When I go to my desktop even when CS is closed, my mouse is choppy, windows are slow and laggy, and my CPU USAGE % is at about 60% when it should be about 2-5%.

I have a GeForce2 64 mb, WindowsXP, 256 ram, and have never experienced a problem like this up until a few hours ago. I've searched for viruses, spyware, recent downloads that could have caused this, but have found nothing.

The only suggestion I've heard is to reformat so I'm going through any other options or video settings that may help. Any suggestions? I can't play like this :(

I've had problems like that before....It's nomaly been one of a few things. My virus scan deciding to run in the background. and sometimes it seems to be related to windows update. Even when not actualy downloading anything windows update has caused my computer to run retartedly slow.

On the other hand It's always fixed itself after a restart and I'm assuming your posting cuz it's not working after a restart.

Guest [TFR]Whitey
Guest [TFR]Whitey
Guest [TFR]Whitey
Guests

Cyber you might have spyware on your computer or a possible virus if something is taking up 60% of your memory... Some sort of spybot is definately possible.