Deus Ex 2

TheBugs

I am a HUGE fan of the first one, it was simply amazing. Prolly top 3 games of all time for me, so much you can do so many decisions and the story line is friggen incredible.

Well bought Deus Ex : Invisable War couple days ago and WOW. Shadows from swinging lights and fires and explosions all give off realistic shadows(so cool). The graphics are amazing you can pick up/move/use and item in the world they will all bounce off each other realisticly and the rag doll physics are really really cool. I just like picking up bodies and see wierd possitions they will crumple too :P. The story line is sooooo good, (just as good if not better as the first), as it is set 20 years after playing through the first one. New menus and "augmentations" from the first one have been called biomods now. There is a blackmarket for biomods and some of them are really cool B). Also there are many side missions at each place u visite and you usially get paid decent amounts of cash for doing someones dirty work. :)

If any of you have ever played the first one and have a decent comp to play this on, i suggest getting it. Its not on the new HL2 engine (obviously) but the graphics are pretty darn close from what ive heard.

But MP2 runs really well on medium end computers which is what I have. DE2 runs like garbage on medium end computers. The code is totally different so u can't really relate the 2 games. Regardless they are both short and are worth only 1 play through.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't comparing the game engine and it's compatibility on difference spec-level of computers. I was talking about people's overall comments on the gameplay. I have heard similar things about Deus X 2 and MP2, that both are fun, but too short.

Sorry, just realized that Rackish got a post in between my response to TheBugs.

I must have missed somthing with DX1 cause i never finished the flippin game. I thought it was just alright.

nothing like AvP2 or Metal Gear Solid. I still have it so I think I'll give it another go since some people rave about it so. one thing is when I did install it I was on a 32 meg tnt nvidia so now I'm on a 128 ddr ati 8500 le.

should run better now. Perhaps that will change the game.

Aug

Im not very good at taking screen shots, but u get the idea ;)

d1.jpg

Vox Club.

d2.jpg

Some WTO soldiers

d3.jpg

Security Bot .. these things are so cool

d4.jpg

Seeker Robot with dead alien in backround :D. The bot can become invisable.

d5.jpg

Good ol' Statue of Lberty