CAL Season 10

Dennis

i think ventrilo is a program that entitles people to cheat, i hate it and i hate that people use it

i see that everyone has there own opinions on everything, i respect that, but for your other clan members, stop those comments about "cheating" when were obviosly not

Draco, drop it buddy. Two of your guys were overheard ghosting by Sanders. Those are confirmed. So while Knight's statement was a little harsh and all inclusive towards your clan (I agree it shouldn't have been), it isn't ignorant. Best thing is for you to not post half-cocked comments.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is refering to Knight's comment in the "Vent" thread in the "got banned?" forum. I think he has reason to be a bit upset over Knight's comment cuz he does seem to be directed at the clan as a whole (although Knight never specified any clan at all) but Knight's point is valid.

Ventrilo is sad..but you know what fellas...all the dam teams are using it,therefore if you wanna compete with them.....It really helps even things out,as far as teams knowing where your coming from. Well you would know too. And yes it should be used right,only in matches,there's always gonna be certain people that wanna use it the wrong way. But hate is the wrong word Pup. You don't hate StepBack do ya!?

I'm telling ya VI,get it just for cal...it really helps even things out. 90% teams use it :)

P.S. sanders was at my house when he heard the 2 people,and no one really knows story,they were pointing out an afk,but prolly went too far,and YES AN MwR pointed it out that they were using it!

EVERYBODY ,DROP IT not just draco! You guys get a lil piece of info and run with it. If you want to know true story talk to me!

TY

Edited by GenStepback

But hate is the wrong word Pup. You don't hate StepBack do ya!?

I'm telling ya VI,get it just for cal...it really helps even things out. 90% teams use it  :) 

No

&

I guess we are the minority b/c i dont use it, i dont know if any VI uses it, i will never use it...if Vent is mandatory in the coming years for CAL, i wont be in the league.

even though this has nothing to do w th what i was trying to do im going to say this...to VI Vent would only be considerd cheating if u ghosted in a pub......for match play it is encouraged to be used by almost all clans. it has saved many rounds for my clan in matches just for the fact that......

1. if i die i can let my team know exactly where they came from and how many they had and what weapons they had.

2. sometimes when u r dead u may see soemthing or hear soemthing someone alive didnt and u can inform them (not recomended all the time, we usually keep quiet and use in game while dead)

3. help someone alive move into a better position or if u r the strat caller and u died u can call strats while u r dead and there for saving anyone alive from freaking out on making a call.

i myself am having trouble understanding why u think it is such a bad program when even the pros use it...

even though this has nothing to do w th what i was trying to do im going to say this...to VI Vent would only be considerd cheating if u ghosted in a pub......for match play it is encouraged to be used by almost all clans. it has saved many rounds for my clan in matches just for the fact that......

1. if i die i can let my team know exactly where they came from and how many they had and what weapons they had.

2. sometimes when u r dead u may see soemthing or hear soemthing someone alive didnt and u can inform them (not recomended all the time, we usually keep quiet and use in game while dead)

3. help someone alive move into a better position or if u r the strat caller and u died u can call strats while u r dead and there for saving anyone alive from freaking out on making a call.

i myself am having trouble understanding why u think it is such a bad program when even the pros use it...

All the reasons you stated for Vent having saved matches for you and your clan are all reasons why I would consider it cheating. When you are dead, you are dead and dead men tell no tales. Once you bite it, you should not be able to give any more input for those left alive.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Pup how many times have you been in a cool boost spot, killed a guy, only to have a guy turn the corner and instantly prefire you in the face? That's ventrilo/some lan teams.

If you want to be succesful against teams using it, you have to use it yourself.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it pretty much necessary? Yes.

Also, would having a series of binds be illeagle?

bind t "say_team ECO RUSH B"

bind v "say_team 3 Guys at long with bomb and guns"

Just so that while you were using ingame, you'd still be able to hit a key MUCH faster than you could say that.

That'd be doing the same thing as ventrilo, and only using ingame.. are you against that too?

Ventrilo is hear to stay, there's nothing you can do with it, it will be discouraged, but never will it be illeagle. The only way you could avoid this is by going an AMERICAN lan such as CPL (most european lans allow dead to talk to living also). It is against the "spirit" of the game? Ya, it is. But you know what? there's nothing you can do about it, so either live with it or move on.

Quite frankly, it's a game, and people are going to do whatever that can within the rules to win.

But you know what? there's nothing you can do about it, so either live with it or move on.

Umm, i thought I have done that...ive moved on, looks like someone wants to uplift Vent b/c he uses it to further his team to victory through a cheap program.

I simply replied to above posts saying what i thought about Vent, of course we are not going to agree. Those that use vent, like it b/c they gain an edge on the enemy via doing things that is not "kosher". Even though it is a game, you ever think that some treat it like real life CT/T scenarios. When in RL, and CTs are all together, if your team leader dies, his soul does not hover over you and say what to do and where to go and what happened to him, where he was shot from, now does it. So if it is impossible in real life for the dead to communicate to the remaining living soldiers, why do you think that using a program for a game based on the same principles should be allowed? What is next? making seeing through walls legal? But i guess people will like that if CAL says its "legal". Just because it is legal doesnt mean you have to do it or that everyone should subscribe that what is legal is appropriate.

I think that teams should be able to have a team that knows what is going on by knowing their roles and watching radar and knowing peoples positions which would eliminate any use for Vent. Before Vent was made, how did you play the game? How did you play in matches? You found a way. You used your brain, and for God's sake, I guess that could be harmful to some of you so I guess we need Ventrilo to hold our hands while we play a game. We forget to look, learn and listen, we now rely on a chat program for people to tell us what to do, where to go, where the enemy is, where the bomb is dropped.....for God's sake, learn to use radar.

Maybe we could install a team leader at CT spawn that sits in a satellite truck for the duration of the match that has satellites and cameras pointed down at the enemy team and tells his team where they are going. After all, thats what the government and U.S. military does. Lets' take all the suspense and thrill of the game out immediately. Remember that feeling in matches when you were the last to be alive and you had 2 or 3 enemies around and you had no idea where they were. You stalked your prey, you hid, you were stealthy, you did not know what was coming around the corner. Then when you win OR lose, your heart is beating so fast and you know that the game is for real. Doesnt have the same effect when you are the last to be alive and you have 4 teammates telling you..."he is behind the box campin watch out"

I really DONT want this to get into a major Flaming thread, b/c neither side is gonna win, thats what is wrong with opinions...everyone has one and you're not gonna change the other person's mind no matter what you say. I can say we disagree on Vent....you wanna use it, go ahead, its not like I can stop you, but I think that there is a deeper sense of accomplishment from saying "we won our match straight up" rather than saying "we won our match b/c we had 4 ghosters telling me what to do and where to go and how to do it"....hmm, i guess you can call that "winning"

Also, would having a series of binds be illeagle?

bind t "say_team ECO RUSH B"

bind v "say_team 3 Guys at long with bomb and guns"

Binds are good if you are all alive at the start of the round and tell your team to do something, but when you are dead and you are talking to them (when you know typing would not reach those that are alive), is ridiculous. Why do you think that the dead can't type to the living or talk to the living in the game already? Why do you think they HAD to make a program that allows someone to do that? It is because we had too many people out there that witched and moaned about losing that they had to create a "cs loophole" to get to use a program that although not called "cheating program" but in the end, IS.

Edited by PuppySurprise

Just because teams use vent doesnt mean they ghost, heck the only reason gemini used vent is because it is impossible to hear me using ingame. And if you ghost it ends up hurting more than it helps, and your team work and strats suffer because of it.