Good link

Cool link, jane. My church was thinking about doing something aong those lines. Of course they always ask me about such stuff and I know next to nothing about it.

What kind of bandwith does streaming audio take? They were also asking about streaming video but I have heard that takes a lot of bandwith. Would the cost of hosting the video be prohibitive? I have told them I would check it out.

We are in the process of going from 'tapes' to 'CDs' and from VHS to DVD. This stuff is pushing the limits of our audio/video guy.

I like it. Nicely laid out. I like the little pop-up that explains whats going on.. If done like this Rev, the file sizes are huge and it's really no more than a semi-large email being sent or recieved.. No huge connection would be necessary unless you have a Ton of people hitting the site regularly.. I'm not sure on exact cost to actually author the pieces as it will be necessary to purchase an audio suite that can compress the recorded file into streaming audio.. Actually those are just mp3s.. Look into Cool Edit.. All you would need then is the internet connection and the computer to host the site.. Someone with some knowledge in setting up a webserver(IIS, Apache?). Host your own page or pay some hosting company to do it for you. They whouldn't have any restrictions on the hosting of the mp3s because you guys would own the recordings and are publishing them legally. Let me know if I can be of anymore help..