tweak?

Tosh

Howdy, well the last time i played cs i had 56k...pushin 200-250 ping...now i got dsl...worst dsl possible probably...sbcyahoo crap..gotta love parents how dumb they are....anyways i range from 80-300 ping now...like...it's better but sometimes it jumps to worse....i've bene out of it for awhile so does 1.6 still like take into play any console tweaks? rate? cl_cmdrate...? anything like that...if so..can any one help me out alittle please? it'd be appreciated...my DSl is getting like 192 download and 128 upload....still can'te ven belive we're payin 30/month for this but it'll have to do....any help would be appreciated..thank you again

-Tosh-

sorry i tried ur first set...it gave me a steady ping of 100-150 really no change..but like it kept stable didn't jump around too much whichi ugess isn't so bad? i'll try these and let u know...BTW...called my dsl server...i get a free upgrade from DOWNLOAD 384(currently) to 1.5mb/s which hopefully is gonna work..cuz currently it says 384 but i get like 192...so if i get half of 1.5mb/s still be good hahaha but unforutnaly upload stays the same at 128 :( i'd have to pay an extra 15 bucks to get the 384 upload...and 3.0 mb download...do u think the extra download will help at all????? i know gamin is upload..but anything??? even a little...?? let me know thanx again guys really appreicate it..!

-=Tosh=-

yesterday I was getting NASTY choke with nonexistent loss on my connection....AceMcBanon told me to put my rate at 9999 and instantly my choke went from in the 100's to 0...however sometimes my loss jumps up to 14 or 15 but never higher and very rarely...

sometime someone should explain what all these things do in CS...

:D

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Mostly has to do with shots registering :)

My advice, go cl_cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 rate 25000 net_Graph 0 and just play, if you notice something then turn it on... 5 choke is nothing, yet some people spend so much time looking at their netgraph and not thier crosshair..

little sidenote.....we have DSL obvoiusly...well it' snot obvous cuz i get ping worse then 56k almost....and...we have it networked to 4 computers...i'm guessing that affects it a little? i have 1 thru ethernet and 2 thru wirless..? does that effect me alot or not really..? cuz i rmember when i frst got dsl hooked up to just this one my ping was 40-50...but once we networked..it went down the poop shoot...any help? thanx guys!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Depends what they're doing but, if even just one other person was playing a game, ya, you'd get horrible ping, espeacilly with high rates.

It could be a ton of issues. The router might not be functioning properly, your roommate might have 10 bittorrent downloads running, you might be missing a line filter on one of your phone lines (you should have filters on all of them, even those not in use), and the list goes on.

Machinehead! wutup man hvan't talked to u in ages...anyways..ewll i'm @ home senior highschool grad. few monthes...4 computers networked this one and the one to the right of me are ethernet and 2 other are in diff. rooms...soooo...ya i'll hve to check the router/lines everythign do the works...although i've been keepin a steady 90-150 ping...which is still god awful for dsl but it's playable taking into consideratoin that i played on 56k for nearly 2 years...so it's okay i guess hopefully things will get better thanx for all the help...!

It should help some and give you better choke/loss but it will NOT improve ping. If you really wanna see what's gummin up the works. Do a tracert to your server of choice, and see where the major hops are occurring.

hey how woudl i come about doing a tracert on the server..???