Scion

[Mmmm]Homer

Scion homepage

I saw a Scion xB yesterday at the gas station, I hadn't heard of it before. It's about the size of my Honda Civic Si hatchback, but a little taller and the sides are near vertical. It's a little brick with wheels.

I just looked up the website - you should play with the configuration options! It's like configuring a PC! You can get cold cathode tubes in the footwells, "cupholder illumination" that changes red/blue/green, and more! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Where did this car come from? Where is it made? Does it use someone else's engine, etc? The website is obviously aimed at hipsters.

Its from Toyota. Aimed at the young kid sport car segment. So many kids buying hundereds of dollars of crap from autozone for their Civics and Cavaliers, Toyota found a way into the action.

I thnk they mighta blew it though, we will see what sales do. I am really dissapointed with Toyota lately, no cool products. They are relying on their reputation from the 80s and 90s which I think is already rivaled by Honda and Nissan, bad job Toyota.

Bring back the Supra!!

yeah bring back the supra

however, if you take all the flashy crap away...I don't totally dislike the Scion's...kinda like the Honda Element...in esscence they aren't the prettiest...but they both (in their untainted form) remind me of the old Jeep Wagon/Trucks and Woodies....and I kinda like that.