question about families in bible

model family, that's objective...not possible.

the talking donkey was in the OT I believe, the donkey was being ridden by a man who was trying to go somewhere an Angel didn't want him to, the donkey could see the angel with the flaming sword and the donkey then told the man he refused to go farther...

that's the general gist of it

ballam's donkey.... great band..... that reference to that talking donkey is in Numbers 22:22-35

as far as family goes, i would say noah's family was really tight, especially before and slightly after the flood. I would say also that after cain and abel, Adam and Eve had an ideal family, with seth. Uh. As far as good family goes, maybe moses and abraham would be better references, since thier families are spoken about more extensively.

model family, that's objective...not possible.

I don't know, how about Noah and his family? Or did he go astray somehow too? Or is she talking "american dream" type "model". ":)"

exactly my point...what she's asking for is based upon her objective idea of a model family...find out what that is first and you MIGHT be able to find one in the Bible

And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine donkey these three times?

HA!

I'm sorry but reading these verses in the old king james....it's freaking hilarious...

:D

Moses is a bad example. His mother gave him up at birth. At adulthood, after learning of his heritage, he killed a man than ran off to hide in the wilderness. After freeing the captive Israelites, he had arguments (although righteous in nature) with his brother Aaron (think the golden calf incident).

Noah wasn't a good example. After the flood, he got drunk and without clothes and his sons laughed at his drunken nakedness.

Let me think about this for awhile Trouble and I will get back with you. Also, it would be good to get what exactly your instructor means by "model family" as Playaa mentioned.

And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine donkey these three times?

HA!

I'm sorry but reading these verses in the old king james....it's freaking hilarious...

I wanted to laugh openly about this too but was afraid to offend :) THank you pLayaa! Just thinking about a donkey turning around and saying "Forget it bud!" was cracking me up. :)

Remembering that the swear filter is changing a word (look for the **'s), here is a funny joke.

Did you know it talks about elasticity in the Bible? It's the part where it says Elijah tied his *donkey* to a tree and walked a mile.

HA!

I wanted to laugh openly about this too but was afraid to offend :) THank you pLayaa! Just thinking about a donkey turning around and saying "Forget it bud!" was cracking me up. :)

heh, I think you're laughing at something different than me.

I'm just laughing that an Angel is telling the guy to stop spanking himself...:D