Matrix

TheBugs

I just saw the third one tonight and i pretty much understood the whole thing except for the end. Neo and Smith have it out... Neo wins... and the whole part with the Oracle and the little girl through my mind way off. Any one care to explain it to me?

Thanks

:unsure:

hahahah bugs back when revolutions came out I thought I had it all figured out only to play the game and find out I had it all wrong and the writers were full of smack!!!

There is some sense to it but don't pay too much attention to small details or things said. Philosophical arguments made don't mount to much. They're more like dog bones trying to make you think albert einstien wrote the movie. There is some weight to some stuff they say which brings all kinds of issues up. Life and creation, fatalism (pre-destination) or choice,....and more I can't even think. I'm sure others got other ideas from it.

I still loved the series though although trinity, neo and morph took too much of a back seat in the last flick. Too much guns and war where I wanted intellectual answers.

did you not want to throw a tomato at the screen when the arch. came to the oracle and dialouged for another series of movies you know you'll spend the money on.

dangit!!!

Auggy

there wont be any more movies. but there is an online game coming out that takes place after matrix 3.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/matrixonline/

"Players of The Matrix Online (Mx0) will inhabit an enormous urban sprawl, which spreads for miles in all directions. There are subways, nightclubs, skyscrapers, and dark alleys that all seem normal on the surface, but beneath this pedestrian exterior, a secret war is being waged for the survival of humanity and machine alike. Here, you and many operatives like yourself, will determine who shall inherit the earth."

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

It's like this.

Neo realized that he could not beat Agent Smith unless he let Agent Smith take over him. Once this happened the giant robot face guy sent a huge jolt of electricty into Neo, killing him and also killing all teh Smiths because it was all connected.

You can also look at it as +1 and -1

They said everything had to balance out (the Architecht) neo was the +1 so when he died to balance it out the -1 had to die.

if this is so then how did the oracle live since she too was part of smith?

maybe because she was never "alive" in the first place...

maybe the Oracle we saw at the beginning was just a backup of the old one who used the same databases so upon being "restored" she had all the new Oracles memories

:P

and I can't believe you actually like the Matrix series yet you thought Lord of the Rings was full of holes...yeesh

to me the third one the way it was wrapped up reminded me of a biblical type thing, b/c neo being the one could be compared to jesus... he sacrificed himself for the salvation of the world... and neo didn't necisarily(i know i spelled that wrong) die b/c the oracle said that she could see him returning but not for a while...

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
to me the third one the way it was wrapped up reminded me of a biblical type thing, b/c neo being the one could be compared to jesus... he sacrificed himself for the salvation of the world... and neo didn't necisarily(i know i spelled that wrong) die b/c the oracle said that she could see him returning but not for a while...

There were several christianity references throughout the entire series.

play, i too think matrix had holes but the main premise of man is being dominated was not in question.

The whole thing in lotr that if sauron got the ring he would become unstoppable is totally lousy since in the past he did have the ring and they wooped him up and down the street.

At least in the matrix the machines are strong, and mean business to execute their plan on killing zion. In lotr evertime the bad guy gets the ring or comes close he gets beat down like a little girl. Now I know, I know the story goes that the first time sauron got his finger cut off was luck but this kinda stuff happened throuogh the whole series. Like the army of the dead; that was flat out LAME! it reminds me of maxweel smart where he'll just pull out a nuke out of his pocket. To me it was just bad directing to display what probably is a good book.

Not just that but the directing how ever much praised in the academys was not near as good as seabiscuit. SeaB was a extremely well told story and directed wonderfully. However they HAD to give jackson an award or else the whole series would have gone w/o the big one. So like the outta africa type descisions they did it and gave it to jackson.

what a load. It's a good action movie but on a movie where you get swept off in it its no Forest Gump or Shawshank redemption...which seabuscit follows in a similar style of GREAT storytelling.

As for the inconsitncies we've been through all that. You think its great i think it sucks. Oh well.

Matrix does have holes and thats why you see me say CRAP it could have been much better. But I'll stand here and say that the first matrix should have been a movie of the year for it's GREAT directing and storytelling. Awsome job on movie #1. As for the other 2 well I just say oh well. What it could have been?

Aug

matrix was full of holes from the beginning.

As for LOTR, you need to read the book, beforejudgin it had holes. the movies left many things unexplained because of time reason. If you were to direct the movie as the book was, theyd have still been in the middle of the second movie, trying to get everything figured out. Tolkien was a genius writer and i think jackson did a wonderful job of taking his best imaginatino and trying to stretch it around tolkiens. Didnt work as well as i hoped, but then, youre dealing with a story that was literally 30+ years in the creation, and has more than twice as much history and writing on it before and after the movies than is concieved by the general public.

well its of my (of which I am few) that his directing was not GREAT but just ok. I felt the action was good but the love story was horrible.

I have forest at the top for directing and storytelling along with other greats. This movie along with gladiator should not have won. I felt Moulin rouge was a much better movie directing and story. Gladiator was good once it got to fighting but the overall story was not all that.

again just my opinions.

Matrix 1 is still much better than any of the LOTR movies.

Yes I agree there are holes but again LOTR has too big of one for me to just say its ok. If he had the ring and lost then he'll get beat again. How is that threatining. Then when jackson tries to make you think all is lost you KNOW already the dead army is coming.

Unlike other greats ala jedi on first viewing you get the sense that the rebels have lost. It's not until the unpredicted vader kills the emprorer that the rebels take it. Yea its true in most stories the good guys win but via out the unliek the empire strikes back that left you with an empty stomach of WOW LUKE GOT WORKED, LOTR never did that cause jackson always told me what was going to happen before it happened. He could have unvieled the dead army in a much more clever way than just some meeting in a tent at the last minute.

I think he should have told the story better thats just my feelings. :)

but enought of this I got introuble for saying LOTR was not all that good so I better shut up or FATTY's gonna have me for dinner :)

Aug

well its of my (of which I am few) that his directing was not GREAT but just ok.  I felt the action was good but the love story was horrible. 

I have forest at the top for directing and storytelling along with other greats.  This movie along with gladiator should not have won.  I felt Moulin rouge was a much better movie directing and story.  Gladiator was good once it got to fighting but the overall story was not all that.

again just my opinions.

Matrix 1 is still much better than any of the LOTR movies. 

Yes I agree there are holes but again LOTR has too big of one for me to just say its ok.  If he had the ring and lost then he'll get beat again.  How is that threatining.  Then when jackson tries to make you think all is lost you KNOW already the dead army is coming.

Unlike other greats ala jedi on first viewing you get the sense that the rebels have lost.  It's not until the unpredicted vader kills the emprorer that the rebels take it.  Yea its true in most stories the good guys win but via out the unliek the empire strikes back that left you with an empty stomach of WOW LUKE GOT WORKED, LOTR never did that cause jackson always told me what was going to happen before it happened.  He could have unvieled the dead army in a much more clever way than just some meeting in a tent at the last minute. 

I think he should have told the story better thats just my feelings. :)

but enought of this I got introuble for saying LOTR was not all that good so I better shut up or FATTY's gonna have me for dinner :)

Aug

i will never listen to your movie reviews again.