GOOGLE BOMB!

Playaa

do you people not know what a google bomb is?

it's when google is fooled into taking you to a link that doesn't really hafta do with what you searched...

i.e. search for "miserable failures" and you get George Bush

search for "French Military Victories" and you get a page that looks like Google and says "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

so people google bombed Kerry because he wavers in his opinion (i.e. he is a waffler)

search for "French Military Victories" and you get a page that looks like Google and says "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

Actually that doesn't happen (at least not anymore, dunno if it used to), you would have to visit this page: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html

for a time if you typed "French Military Victories" and clicked "I'm Feeling Lucky" you'd get that albino blacksheep page (the "lucky" button takes you straight to the first find in the search)

rofl

miserable failures, Bush comes up, and the words

"miserable failures" is not even on that page. Obvisouly the people behind Google know this and could be easily fixed, maybe they are just trying to state their opinion. ^_^

Actually that doesn't happen (at least not anymore, dunno if it used to), you would have to visit this page: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html

for a time if you typed "French Military Victories" and clicked "I'm Feeling Lucky" you'd get that albino blacksheep page (the "lucky" button takes you straight to the first find in the search)

Ahh, I see. I forgot about that button :peace:

rofl

miserable failures, Bush comes up, and the words

"miserable failures" is not even on that page.  Obvisouly the people behind Google know this and could be easily fixed, maybe they are just trying to state their opinion.  ^_^

not really...see the way the Google search engine works, is it crawls the web looking for links to information...that way the most linked items will show up higher in the list and it's one reason Google is such a good search engine. However, people take advantage of it with Google Bombs...the people who didn't like Bush got a campaign together to hide links all over their web pages with the text "miserable failure" and leading to Bush's website...google saw all these links and the software automatically thinks that this is an important page...

I think google bombs are great...they're funny and they give power to the people

:D

Guest Migraine Boy
Guest Migraine Boy
Guest Migraine Boy
Guests
I bet he likes waffles really much

OK.. First off, just by the fact of going to google and typing in "Waffles" and having something about John Kerry's website come up just mind-boggles me like shaking the dice for yahtzee..?( what? )

then Kajahf comes up and says that.. and i now am really confused. :peace: (He likes waffles very much.) :D:hug: