Journeys into Vana'diel

lance

Well, sometime in the coming days I'm going to post some screenshots of me and some of my linkshell buddies on Final Fantasy XI defeating a big bad dragon so I can gain rank 3 in my nation. Also, I'm going to be putting up some screenshots in the first Player vs. Player event, "Ballista", the first event in the Conquest campaign.

Hehe - I can solo that dragon for rank 3 but unfortunately it delevels you for that fight. I'm currently working on finishing rank 9. I need a 18 person alliance of 65+ so it will be a bit until I finish that part off.

Definitely a lot of cool things in FF and this fall they are introducing the next expansion for it. You can already read about it on playonline. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Ive considered playing this game but 13.95 a month for only ONE character seems a bit unreasonable.. and plus I'm enjoying Star Wars Galaxies right now. This game looks REALLY good though and I love all the other Final Fantasy games. A MMORPG based from them would be cool. *sigh* So tempting.

(edited)

Well, yesterday I spent most of the day playing Final Fantasy XI:

Before I start, let me introduce you to my lil' buddy, Jerch. He's a Monk, a big Damage Dealing job in FFXI. He's one of the best damage dealers at his level, as I've spent TONS of money keeping him up-to-date on equipment and items and such:

jerchshot.jpg

Well, leaving the grand city of Jeuno, I started on my Chocobo heading towards Qufim Island to meet some fellow adventurers for some monster hunting:

choco.jpg

Qufim Island is a barren wasteland of nothing but rock and snow, with cliffs overlooing the neighboring seas.

jerchshot2.jpg

cliffshot.jpg

Well, after we got ourselves set up and after a few fights against the monsters and beastmen that inhabit the Qufim region, we ran into a veteran adventurer fighting many of the monsters the six of us were fighting together. His strength was amazing:

giantkiller.jpg

After we saw our fellow adventurer handling those giants so easily, we fought with new vigor and gained many items and treasure throughout the course of time we spent at Qufim Island.

clippfight.jpg

giantfight.jpg

Tomorrow we head to Kazham, but first we require three keys to board the airship that transports adventurers that way. We must travel to all three nations: the arcane woodland nation of Windurst, the great castle walls of Sand'oria, and then my home nation; the industrial capitol Bastok to recieve these keys. We must go deep into the Quadav's caves, the Yagudo's caverns, and the Orc's stronghold to retrieve the keys. Untill then, safe travels :D

Edited by lance

Wow - Khazam - haha Lance that seems like ages ago when I was down at that level. Here is something to remember about monk - it's tough to level from like 40-60 but it's an awesome character at 75. Also, at those higher levels a lot of the things you xp on are skeleton types and monks have a bonus to dmg on them so every group wants one at higher level.

Hey Zap, do you ever play? I try sending u tells every time i'm online and you're never there. Get online and help me out bro. LVLing my THF for my subjob so I can get TH once I hit lvl30 so I can hunt fangs. Any Gil donations would be appreciated too, I gotta get a bunch'a new stuff soon if I'm heading to Khazam. And I got the keys already. DRK in my LS took me to get them yesterday.

Hehe leveling up a DRK atm, bout to hit Khazam again.

Only a 45BLM/22WHM/22DRK Tarutaru atm. Good game though. Probably the best PVE game I've played to date. Have sundry other sub-10s as well. Might level up my Galka for SAM/WAR at some point, but doubt I'll have that kind of time to invest.

75 is the level cap. I'm already max level so I haven't been playing I've been screwing around playing desert combat.

The only downside to FF is money. You never have enough it's so damn expensive for everything and it's hard to make gil. Once you hit 40 you can do BCNM's which make you pretty good money though you just have to devote a day to do them and have a good group that knows what they are doing.

LOL!! Carbuncle Ruby...

You didn't send anything to my mog house but as of 7:21est you were leveling in Valkrum dunes on a lvl 12thf/6mnk. That proof enough?

Nope, not proof that u got lvl75BRD :D

That just means you could'a been any of those horrible people that were in Dunes tonight. Sweet Jebus were they horrid. I could use someone to pwrlvl my THF to 15 for me. I got lvl13 before I left. Send me a tell next time you see me, bro. That'll prove to me that you are what you claim to be :D

Well guys, i got some new screenshots and all of some great shots of summons, and then i got the screens of me doing the quest for Darknight. I'll post up tomorrow night.

• 5 weeks later...

OK guys, here's the cap on my Dark Knight quest:

I started off by seeking out Zeid, the master Dark Knight that has been absent too long from his home of Bastok. Zeid's fellow Galka are in sore need of his return. I went to the Palborough Mines in North Gustaberg with my travelling friend Cilan in search of Zeid. Once we had found the master Dark Knight he looked upon us.

"Many enemies have fallen to your might, this I can tell. Take this sword, the Chaosbringer, and feed it with the blood of your enemies. Once the sword has been returned to it's glory through devouring the souls of the living, you will begin the long road to becoming a Dark Knight. This road is not an easy one, as it is filled with death and destruction, sorrow and regret, but ultimately power. When the sword is fed, you will find me in the Quadav stronghold of Beadeaux."

With that Cilan and I set off. Here is a picture of the powerful yet starved blade:

Pre-DRK1.jpg

Pre-DRK2.jpg

Once our mission was clear we began slaughtering all monsters within our sights:

DRK1.jpg

DRK2.jpg

After feeding the massive blade 100 souls from the monsters within the Gustaberg area, we began the trek to Beadeaux to meet Zeid for our reward:

Jerch-CilanDRK.jpg

And thus two Dark Knights were born.

For those of you that might wonder what a Dark Knight is, the Dark Knight is a combination warrior and black mage, and as such is a master at inflicting damage. He is able to wield most weapons and wear most armor and also wield basic elemental magic to inflict damage on his enemies. None know the craft of pain like the Dark Knight.

Also, for those of you who do not know what the feel of this game is about, here is an excellent video made by a player that illustrates what this game is better than any trailer or promo that Square-Enix has published:

United - A FFXI movie

• 4 months later...

yeah man, im on Asura.

Name is Swatoslav

35 THF/NIN

also, if you see me on, ill run to Valkrum Dunes with you and help yuo get the items you need for subjob quest.

cya there.

Edited by gnarl3y