6 car race

Playaa

Playaa...good find!!!!! Man those are all the cars I was shopping about a year ago. The top two were the ones I expected. The S2000 is well known as a serious track racer. I was surprised at how poorly the RX-8 finished, word is that it handles superbly, but is underpowered. I guess it is REALLY underpowered...what a waste.

Now if my Z had been in the mix, that would REALLY have been a fun vid to watch :P It has a little more power than the G35 (just a couple horses), but handles better and is lighter.

I think the S2000 and the Z would be a really really good race.

Now if my Z had been in the mix, that would REALLY have been a fun vid to watch  It has a little more power than the G35 (just a couple horses), but handles better and is lighter.

actually, that's not a G35...it's the v35 Skyline...

now how it compares to your Z...I don't really know

1. The V35 Skyline sedan is basically the G35 Sedan. There is different badging, trim levels, and a couple different drivetrain choices(smaller engines and awd in Japan), but that's it. The same goes for the Skyline Coupe and G35 Coupe.

sad that they'd take such an amazing car and make it mostly mundane...not that I dislike the G35...but it's not anywhere near comparable to an R34 Skyline

(edited)
Homer,Apr 29 2004, 09:42 AM] I liked how the Suby got the holeshot, but thought it would be up front at the end.

I wonder if Japanese viewing race commentary in English come away thinking the announcer is overly excited too. :huh:

I really like the WRX, but it doesnt have the power to weight ratio to keep up with the S2000 or the G coupe.

Playaa/Pselus Posted on Apr 29 2004, 09:42 AM

actually, that's not a G35...it's the v35 Skyline...

now how it compares to your Z...I don't really know

Looks from your last post that you got your answer. The 11 Gen Skyline = G35 coupe...same HP too. It is about 276 - 280. A little lower than the Z, but basically the same exact power, it is heavier though.

The G is a sweet ride, but it is nothing like the Skyline GTR that you are thinking of.

I suspect that they will bring back the GTR in a year or so with a slightly different body and twin-turbo the VQ35 engine (whats in the G35 & 350Z). Now that would DEFINATELY win this race!

Edited by gOOters

Oh yeah! The R34 was baaad donkey man! It had about 300HP stock, was AWD and the stock motor was So strong that people regularly beefed up their Skylines to about 600HP or more! I have heard of 1000HP Skylines. Yeesh.

I will say though that a twin-turbo'ed G or Z will give about 400HP to the wheels! They handle realy well too, definately a Vette Z06/Ferrari competetor!