"The Village"

Trouble .gc

same here...I accidentally found it on IMDB a couple months ago and have been waiting since then...

M. Knight Shyamalan is probably the best freaky movie director of our time...I love being scared without seeing a bunch of guts and violence

Unbreakable was a bit clunky, but if you like his work you shoule watch it. It falls far short of his others but is still very watchable.

Every so often I will take a second and just remember the brilliance that was the plot in Sixth Sense.

Signs was just ok for me. The ending where everything makes sense to Gibson just seemed a bit contrived. Still cool though.

I HATE scary movies. Watched the trailer to 'Village than had to upstairs (I was home alone) and had the creeps. Its not like I would ever give into them but still.... One thing might be that I never watch a movie in a theatre. I think it would be easier to unfocus (for lack of a better word, more like not be caught up in the movie) because your sitting in a crowd of people. Kind of like you can take solace that your not alone. Also afterwards you walk outside and get in your car. When I watch them at home I go straight to bed and try to swallow my 'creeps'.

Also, being a christian, I believe in demons. So there is an element of truth to some things in certain movies, and that is freaky.

Of course "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee".

Anyway, a scary movie has to have something more than just suspense or horror. There has to be something there that is deeper to make me want to watch it. M. Night's movies offer that.

pretty much exactly how I feel Rev...

after watching Signs the first time I got home at about 2 in the morning and had to make the walk up my driveway in the dark...let's just say I was looking every direction I could (plus we went drag racing the next night on a road next to a cornfield and I was the guy who stood outside and dropped the flag then waited for my friends to come back and I was standing 6 feet from this huge cornfield at midnight)