A very bad day for me

Trouble .gc

On my way to school around 915am today i saw a construction worker get hit by a car on I-270. it was the worst thing i have ever seen in my life. the woman who hit him lost control of her car, spun and hit the man, and then somehow she spun around and came about 2ft from hitting my car and knocking me across 2 lanes of traffic. i pulled off the side of the road about 100ft from teh accident, called 911 and then it hit me. I saw a man get hit by a car and get tossed about 10 ft in the air. this is somethign you see on TV, not in real life...i'm still takign this all in, and the scene has been on replay, in my mind, the entire day.

I don't know about the man, i just know that it was not good. I pray that he lives. I am very greatful that my car was not hit, nor was i injured, but...this has really made me think about my life and how easily it could be taken in the blink of an eye.

That's some scary shizzle there trobs. I feel for his family.

I would just like to say, it's construction season. Please be extra vigilant to keep your speeds slow and a watchful eye for workers along the side of the road. Being in the safety business I hear about this type of incident way to often.

I'm glad you're ok trouble.

I'm not going to post a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) but i will take this time to point out a couple of tips while driving in workzones.

Stay alert, expect the unexpected.

Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.

Anticipate lane shifts - merge when directed to do so.

Don't change lanes unnecessarily.

Don't speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.

Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.

Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.

Watch for workers! Sometimes they forget to wear their reflective vests

Be patient!

This one's kinda cliche but,

It's not going to kill you to slow down, but you might kill someone else if you don't

I have witnessed gruesome accidents in the past. I feel your pain. I hate seeing things like that first hand. It will make you stop your busy day and make you think about your priorities though. It will instantly take something you felt was important at the time, and turn it into a meaningless afterthought.

Trubb, keep posting if you feel you have more to say. Make sure to get it out, that's a hard thing to see. I do volunteed ambulance and fire, and we get this drilled into our heads every day. People aren't used to seeing things like this in America, everything's very "sanitized" here...and it's probably for the better. It's hard, and talking is the best way to absorb the event. We're here for you.

My realtor today, after just talking about being taken out at any time(he was kinda preachin to me), almost backed into a car coming by at 30mph or so.. Must not have looked very good.. And he didn't even notice what happened..