Should we

mrX

mrX
GC Alumni

I believe it downloads them thru normal means if the map isn't on the web server; so maybe small maps could be off the web server. But, I'd think it would just be quicker with any kind of map.

Really wasn't sure if we'd want to dedicate web server bandwidth to this kinda things, although we still do have the download page.

mrX
GC Alumni

This is set up, although very few maps are on the web server just yet. Should be by tonite tho.

For those that have access, maps go under the /cstrike folder on the gamerscoalition.com website. The directory structure is identical to what's on you local computer.

That would only be Bub, you and myself.

Basically, how should we go about adding maps here? Should we just make a list of all the 3rd parties we play? Anyone that adds a map to the server should add it here using gcadmin as well.

mrX
GC Alumni

I've added all the maps that are currently on the game server to the web server. Delete any you think aren't necessary. I just did a dump basically.

Look at the cstrike folder on gcadmin and you'll see how it works. Same structure.

If a map is not on the web server, it will still download it from the game server directly to the client.

And this works nicely. Tested it with cs_disco_night (~5-6mb) and it downloaded in about 15 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...
mrX
GC Alumni
3) OPTIONAL: To display a "banner image" to players that

download content,

place a 340x56 pixel image in the file <custom content

directory>/gfx/banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...