New high fps models...

Guest The Hurricane

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

I'm using a lot of diff models right now... just testing them all out. Right now Im' using the ones I posted above. There not quite as good FPS wise as Mortti's but the hit boxes are so much better... imo.

I DL'd a program and looked at Mortti's hitboxes, and when someone is crouched and you are looking at their side, you have to aim like behind what you see to hit him.

y'know I never understood this tactic...

is the game really that competitive that you'd rather have fake looking ugly brown boxes to shoot at than reallistic looking models?

I use some intense models and sweet looking ones for guns and players...

I get only 60fps (with absolutely no tweaking cause I'm lazy) and the 60fps appears fine to me. I've heard the human eye has trouble differentiating anything over 30fps....so what's the point of it?

someone plz 'splain

Actually, framerates is VERY important when strafing. Movies run at 25 fps and when they strafe (move straght from left to right) you will notice "lag" or jittery movement. That is compounded when you move at faster speeds complicating the matter. There are other reasons but i wont go into those now.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

That's it! I'm going back to Mortti's... I tried these out for about 10 maps... they're ok, but too high detail. ;-\

FPS is very important... If you don't believe me do "fps_max 20" and try it for a few days...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
is the game really that competitive that you'd rather have fake looking ugly brown boxes to shoot at than reallistic looking models?

Yes. I'd rather shoot a box and go 20-10 than shoot a realistic looking model and go 10-20.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
CAne, i really hate these models, no offense. they just dont do it for me. going back to Mortiis.

ditto. i posted this after using them for about 2 maps and thought they were pretty cool. But after about 10 maps of playing with them I think I like Mortti's better too. Sorry for wasting ur time. :P

Mr. X, I used to use CS Realism 2.0 but then I formatted and could never find it again so thank you for the link...

I understand that FPS is important but I dont' get anywhere near 20 fps with high texture models and absolutely no tweaking...I get a steady 60...and I only have a GeForce2 Ti 64mb card...so either you've got a HORRID card to get those kind of frames or you're just a loony.

:)

I personally would rather go 10-20 with a good looking game than 20-10, but that's coming from someone who doesn't ever play agains humans, only PODBots and those things are sooo easy to beat by now that it's kinda a pointless argument...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

I've got a geforce 4 mx420 64mb... but it's running on a celeron 360mhz so... yeah :)

Anyways.. pod bots easy?? sheesh they own me. I only like playing with them if knife mode is on and i can use an awp. :P

But yeah... you get steady 60 fps... you have nothing to worry about.

yeah, PODBot is a cakewalk for me now...they're all I've played against for the last 8 months...

yesterday I went 67 - 2 against them on aztec (and no I didn't use AWP against them). I've been practicing with my silented colt and the MP5. So yah they're easy. However, if I ever play against humans again I'll probably suck because I'm used to how the podbots play, which is nothing like how good humans play. They don't walk much, they don't work as a team, they don't use strategy. The only thing they have going for them is beautiful accuracy and lightning reflexes...so yeah, I can outshoot them, but any good tactical player will wipe the floor with me.

If I had one of you computer guys to tweak my pathetic comp, my stat whoring would probably go twice as well. I get HORRIBLE fps when I have a close quarters gunfight with anyone. Oh well...my models seem to help, with their long colored spikes sticking out of their faces and chests. Has anyone ever seen these? :)

Rev, I know that I use tactics...I look at things ppl on MCC do during matches and do my best to emulate them when playing the bots...it's difficult at times though because you can't hide from the bots, you can barely ever sneak up on the bots...so alot of tactics I'd need against humans...are being culled out of me by playing the bots...at times I find myself running around just like the bots.

as for the ping...when I used to play on Plat I had a ping of 30 - 60 (sometimes up to 100) and I never noticed a huge difference in ping from that to the lan I was constantly on (cause ppl played CS on there all the time so I got to compare often)

maybe it was Half-Life's net code or just the older version of CS...but ping wasn't a big deal to me then. (at least I don't remember it being)

That ping was on a partial T1 with 384kb/sec bandwidth...DSL or Cable is most likely going to be even better than that...so I'm hoping that WHEN I move to an area with DSL or Cable I'll ping fine to the community servers....hopefully the community will still be around then...

as for WHEN I come back......who knows....as soon as I get a good paying job, I'll be moving into a city and making SURE I can get broadband...but that could be anywhere between a month to years...so who knows...

This weekend I'll be playing at a lan with 3 guys who play CS all the time at their colleges...1 of them is the second best at his college, the other 2 run a server and play ALOT...so I'll take some screenshots maybe and see how well I do against humans who play often...

thx for the vote of confidence though Rev...